Re: Price issues

terrafrost wrote:

JSS Lord of Atlantis is $300 on deckbox.org, $14.99 on SCG and has a tcg high of $29.98.

JSS Lord of Atlantis is back at $300...

The FRF prerelease promos don't have Deckbox entries yet..

Neither do the ugin's fate, or the intro pack alt arts. I marked my promos with the deprecated promo symbol, and the ugin's fate and intro pack promo so I'm hoping that Sebi will throw another notice to fix cards with the deprecated promo symbol up on our newsstream screens when they're in the system. Also, maybe a notice for altered art cards that we can either click to change or click to ignore.

I'll note that using the deprecated promo label will still price the card at the normal price. Someone tried to buy some of my promos and I cancelled the order because of this - it was probably a mistake to even put them up for sale at all (I did specify in my profile beforehand that if the prices deviated from the price on other markets I would cancel the order, but I expect the buyer will still be unhappy.)

Right now this is a problem - as it was with the KTK prerelease - because people are clearly going around hoping to pick up cheap prerelease promos because there isn't an entry and using the promo label does not influence the price. imo this needs to be fixed immediately (not for my sake but for others) but going forward sebi may want to consider making it so that cards with various labels won't be priced at all via automatic pricing - it's better than having to deal with a possibly-messy dispute when either a mislabeled card or a card that isn't in the system yet ends up selling for way less than it should.

Golgari Grave Troll is showing up at about $2, was unbanned in Modern today, should be higher

100001375310551 wrote:

Golgari Grave Troll is showing up at about $2, was unbanned in Modern today, should be higher

Thank you, fixing.

Plains are listed as $3 in decklists.

Just noticed that the prerelease Ojutai was being valued at about $1, when other sites have it closer to 5. There might be similar issues with some of the other FRF promos?

The foil island from Fate Reforged seems to be priced way to high.
https://deckbox.org/mtg/Island?printing=27053
http://i.imgur.com/hRHwKdz.png

Storm crow foil 8th edition at 38$ wink

Thanks Sebi!

Jackoqc wrote:

Storm crow foil 8th edition at 38$ wink

Thanks Sebi!

That actually is a little low.

ok WTF wink
Can anyone explain me why that card is so high in price?

The 7th edition foil was expensive (I sold 3 for more than its current price a few months ago) because it was the first foil printing, a very small foil print run, and it's a classic joke card. As for the 8th edition, I guess someone is trying to do the same thing.

Yeah, I know that 7th edition foil are pretty rare. But a 8th edition storm crow? Hell, I can trade the cards for a 20$ cards anytime!

The Cryptborn Horror full art game day promo for Return to Ravnica has been, like, 9 dollars for the better part of a year and it's weirding me out.

Just a hint to what it actually is, SCG has 20 in stock and they're all 1.49, NM.

Also, Brutal Hordechief promo is 15 dollars on SCG, but 25 on Deckbox.

Chipperbane wrote:

The Cryptborn Horror full art game day promo for Return to Ravnica has been, like, 9 dollars for the better part of a year and it's weirding me out.

Just a hint to what it actually is, SCG has 20 in stock and they're all 1.49, NM.

Fixed both, thanks for the report.

sebi wrote:
Chipperbane wrote:

Fixed both, thanks for the report.

Also, the gorgeous Emeria Angel WPN promo is anywhere from 20-25 dollars, depending on where you look, but only 2.50 on Deckbox. Additionally, I believe it's the Zendikar Launch Day promo, not Wizard's Play Network.

Last edited by Chipperbane (2015-02-23 22:25:34)

Fixed Emeria, thanks!

Still needs fixing. Should be $3-4

d72B wrote:

Still needs fixing. Should be $3-4

Sorry, missed that one. Fixed now.

Foil Unhinged Swamps are listed at $32, I've never seen them less than $50 anywhere else.

Scg has promo siege rhino at 25, out of stock, TCG player has it around 28 low.

Breaking // Entering Dragon's Maze Launch Promo is listed as 2.69 on Deckbox.

Got my hopes up. They're actually a buck, or less.

Chipperbane wrote:

TCG mid shows $2.99.

Kammikaze wrote:
Chipperbane wrote:

TCG mid shows $2.99.

Well, Starcitygames has them for a dollar, with 18 still in stock. I know I should stop quoting SCG, but they usually have prices higher than other sources - that's one of their main criticisms I hear; that they inflate prices.