Topic: Snapcaster Titan

Would love any feedback suggestion on this...

http://deckbox.org/sets/173167

Looking to maybe taking it to my next FNM.

Re: Snapcaster Titan

For the most part I like it.  The one glaring issue I see here is the land count.  21 lands is not enough for a deck that wants to get to 6 mana by turn 6.  It's also not enough for snapcaster decks in general since you'll need to have plenty of mana to cast the snap and whatever you give flashback to in addition to  other spells if necessary.

My recommendation would be to drop down to 3 Forbidden Alchemy and completely remove the Conjurer's Closets.  Then add 3 more lands.

From a fine-tuning perspective I might drop down to 3 Sun Titans and 3 Geist of Saint Trafts in favor of a 3rd Phantasmal Image and a fourth Mana Leak

4 Geists is a little much since they are legendary.  4 Titans is a little much since they cost 6 and you really don't need to see more than the first one; you just have to keep them alive.  Phantasmal Image has so many uses that I might even try to run 4 of them but 3 is a good start; plus, they interact so well with sun titan in the late game that there's nothing wrong with seeing tons of them.  Lastly, your best turn 2 play is mana leak and you probably want to make sure you have one in your opening hand; running 4 will make this much more likely.

You could even drop Forbidden alchemy completely and switch it up to 3 Ponder and 4 Gitaxian Probe.

Also, with all of these instants/sorceries. why not 4 Delver of Secrets?  Seems better to me than 2 Silverblade Paladins, 1 Cloudshift and a 3rd Ponder...

I like where you're going. Mana idea is very good.

I was thinking the alchemys for filling the gy, so i could flicker and start filling the board with multiple threats from the yard. Only dead cards would be any pitched titans.

I'm been playing with delvers for awhile and was looking for a little change. But of course I want to play to win, and delvers are 'so' good. You like dropping the paladins over the wingcrafters?

I like the Wingcrafters because they can get the geists, snaps and titans into the air.  Delvers recent success should be evidence that early, evasive threats win games.  I see the paladins as "win more".  They don't fly and what would they pair with?  Titans that don't fly?  Geists that don't fly?  Snaps that don't fly?  Without evasion it's not really damage, it just forces chump blocks or trades with slightly larger creatures.

You could maybe keep them in the sideboard for decks that don't run many creatures?

thanks for the suggestions!

Made some adjustment based on your feedback, played a few games in cockatrice, and it pretty much played out like a normal delver deck tongue

http://deckbox.org/sets/173167

Let me know what you think.

I dig it.  smile

Not surprised it played like delver as it basically is.  No need to fix what's not broken, though. wink