Topic: Rhys the redeemed EDH

i was hoping i can get some pointers or advice on this deck. this is my first EDH

https://deckbox.org/sets/738497

Last edited by crayzy101 (2014-07-24 14:40:17)

Re: Rhys the redeemed EDH

First off is a shocking lack of Doubling Season.  Seriously, run that.  Also, Lightning Greaves so Rhys can get to work faster, and with less disruption.

Trostani is a good fit here, as her life gain is relevant, while still being able to produce more creatures for you.

Also, with a deck like this, you're probably gonna want more than one board wipe.  Austere Command is a good fit. 

That's all I can think of now, it's late.

thanks i did not know about doubling season. its a better version of parallel lives.

i thought having hour of reckoning, martial coup and phyrexian rebirth would be enough for board wipes for this deck. but Austere Command gives me more option so i will sub a card out for it.

Oops, forgot Marital Coup is also a wipe, and I just plain missed the rebirth.  It was past my bedtime when I posted that. tongue

I will also say that Mycoloth, while it seems good, can really screw you over if it gets removed before you get any tokens out of him.

I noticed that a few very important creatures for Rhys are missing: Seedborn Muse is a must in Rhys as she allows you to use his ability every turn! Hornet Queen is nice because she gives you flying deathtouch tokens that you can double. Here's a big one: Nacatl War-Pride. When this creature attacks it puts in a token copy of itself for each creature defending player controls, then those tokens go away at end of turn, BUT with Rhys if you double your tokens as soon as Nacatl attacks, the tokens from Rhys will stay permanently, is exponential! Also Oracle of Mul Daya is probably the best ramp ever.

You can check you my Rhys list which as been revamped several times over the last few years:

http://deckbox.org/sets/548880

it took me a while to understand why Nacatl War-Pride combo is awesome. im not gonna lie that is amazing if you can pull it off.

another one is seedborn muse. this card can be a game changer depending on the situation. if you are falling behind in your tempo.

thank you for all your input and letting me look at your deck. i started playing in the mirrodin block so i dont know a lot of the older cards. you guys have been insightful. now all i have to do is figure out what cards to put in and out.

any more comments would be greatly appreciated.