Topic: Selling out....repacks

So after some extremely lowball offers, I have decided to get rid of my collection by selling repacks. Each repack is $10 and on average will have at least $10 worth of value based on current average prices (this does not mean each pack will have $10 worth, some will have more, some will have less). I have added the total value of my collection and divided it by the amount of repacks I have to make it fair. Each repack will contain 1x rare/mythic rare, 3x uncommons and 6x commons. Postage is $1 per repack or they can be picked up from Melton, VIC, Australia. Some of the highlights are: 15 revised dual lands, 2x tarmogoyfs, FOIL mythic eldrazi, FOIL shocks, and almost complete planeswalker collection (some foil) and much more. A list of all cards in the repacks is at the bottom of this post. The ebay listing is below it.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ … 5g/pubhtml

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/MTG-Magic-th … amp;_uhb=1

Re: Selling out....repacks

People you are only going to get junk rares in these packs. The oldest scam in the book.

I find it deplorable that an admin would make a comment like this. You sir, should not be allowed on this forum.

I admit, there are many traders and stores that will sell repacks with no value to make a profit. That does not mean that everyone will. I suppose you're right though. I mean if someone rips me off on a product I should never buy that product again.

For those that have a genuine interest I'll give some backstory. I love MTG. I have been an avid collector for years and a heavy speculator and collector. This collection was meant to be stock for a store I was planning to open but sadly I have other priorities. Lately I have realized that the community is full of vultures who are only in the game to rip each other off for a profit. So I'm selling out. I'm not going to get retail for my collection, but I want some value back from it.

My collection is premium. It retails at $7500 and I've been getting offers of $2k-$3k. I can get more from major online retailers' buylists than that. Hence I have decided to do repacks. There are 750 repacks total, with 99% of cards in near mint condition. It means more money for me and a chance for those who don't have the funds to buy valuable cards to receive them. Some of my customers have even used them for drafts.

You can believe this guy if you want or take a shot at getting some really cool cards.

With "$7500" value between 15 revised duals, 2 gofs, foil shocks, etc. that means the extremely large majority of these packs will contain no where even remotely close to $10 worth of cards.

Anyone actually looking to make a profit would understand that they have no realistic chance of selling 750 "repacks" and just sell to a reputable buyer instead.

Like Khilborn said, do not buy these, you will be wasting your money.

For one, I am a admin on our local forum on deckbox, not a admin representing deckbox. I shouldn't be allowed to speak my opinions on a public forum?  You are upset that you will get less people falling for you scam. You backstory is the same thing everyone else says. To top the scam off, you should get someone that "got lucky" to post in here and say look what I got.

dave0192 wrote:

With "$7500" value between 15 revised duals, 2 gofs, foil shocks, etc. that means the extremely large majority of these packs will contain no where even remotely close to $10 worth of cards.

Anyone actually looking to make a profit would understand that they have no realistic chance of selling 750 "repacks" and just sell to a reputable buyer instead.

Like Khilborn said, do not buy these, you will be wasting your money.

+1 Best explanation. Buyers beware.

Anyone here have a high trade rating? Just get him to send first lol COD

Last edited by Killasnipe (2014-08-13 23:59:50)

And this is why I'm glad to be getting out of the hobby. People get ripped off on repacks and they think that everyone will do the same. As I said, the magic community had turned into a bunch of thieves and dodgy stock market traders. I'm sorry that you people have trust issues and I feel sorry for your families.

serpentcat wrote:

I'm not going to get retail for my collection, but I want some value back from it.

My collection is premium. It retails at $7500

There are 750 repacks total

Besides what others have said, it seems you clearly do intend to get retail for your collection, and $10 of random retail priced cards isnt really worth the $10 risk

Besides what others have said, it seems you clearly do intend to get retail for your collection, and $10 of random retail priced cards isnt really worth the $10 risk

Don't forget, I'll lose about $1000 on ebay fees. $10 of random cards not worth a $10 risk? That's better odds than you'll get in any booster pack currently printed by Wizards.

Anyway, I'm not going to argue anymore

Edited Helios

Last edited by serpentcat (2014-08-14 00:19:48)

I'll try to be a little helpful at least.  You will probably be able to sell your most expensive stuff on (10 dollars+) ebay/here for close to retail (usually around tcg low-mid).  The value that is tied up in hundreds of 1-2 dollar cards you are better off buylisting, and the bulk C/U maybe you can sell to a LGS (ranges from 4 to 10 dollars per thousand). 

Unfortunately, there ARE people that scam with repacks, so no need to be sorry for us, we are just watching out for those who may not know about said scam and think that they will get a ten dollar goyf (sort of like the lottery here, except you get to choose the prize).  It's the nice thing to do.

serpentcat wrote:

Don't forget, I'll lose about $1000 on ebay fees. $10 of random cards not worth a $10 risk? That's better odds than you'll get in any booster pack currently printed by Wizards.

Anyway, I'm not going to argue anymore.

Someone should just close this thread as this has devolved pretty quickly.

Edited Helios

Edited posts.

The point has been heard. It's a person choice to choose if they wish to take a chance on these repacks. Further posts not related to actually purchasing them or updating the OP will be deleted.

I thought he was only allowed to sell through the marketplace anyway and this isn't throught the marketplace.

He is listed as a certified store on his profile and he posted in the marketplace.

Everyone is listed as a certified store. You're a certified store, I'm a certified store, and anyone that creates an account will be a certified store. It's either a bug or it doesn't mean anything.

Per Deckbox's rules, people interested in selling cards must use the Market System and should only be advertised on the Deckbox Market. Being a certified seller is only part of the requirement. Advertising repack sales on this forum is both prohibited and unwanted.

http://deckbox.org/help/market_faq#other_sales

That is bug that I will need to notify sebi about. I was unaware that this is the case since I cannot actually view my profile unless I'm logged out (which I rarely am). That being said, if serpentcat is not a certified store as I thought he was and was not using this system then you are correct. I'm closing this thread until this get a resolved.

UPDATE from Sebi- See (https://deckbox.org/forum/viewtopic.php … 904#p94904)

If the repacks being sold here are not sold via the marketplace system then that is not allowed via Deckbox rules linked in the previous post. Sorry for the confusion.