Topic: Request: fewer emails from deckbox?

All the email notifications when a trade is started, edited, proposed, accepted, confirmed, sent, received, and canceled (and...feedback left?) seem a little excessive. I would love it if each of these were an individually-selectable option in my profile settings so I could choose which, if any, I would like to receive.

Perhaps the notification on address confirmation could not be disable-able, and the email could also include the address itself and the list of cards to be sent (unless it does already? I literally never read any of them) instead of just a link to the trade page so there's no chance of an excuse like "I couldn't send because I forgot my deckbox password" or the like.

Last edited by IronMagus (2014-09-16 02:01:37)

Re: Request: fewer emails from deckbox?

Seconded.

Would it be better perhaps to opt for a 'daily digest email' where you'd get notified once a day of all new things that happened?

sebi wrote:

Would it be better perhaps to opt for a 'daily digest email' where you'd get notified once a day of all new things that happened?

I suppose that would be better than the dozens or so per day I'm getting right now, but honestly, I don't really need ANY emails from deckbox, at least not these automatic ones for trade configuration updates which I'm usually already aware of.  I check this site a lot more often than I check my email (I don't get a lot of emails...except from here where I get too many), so by the time I do see any email from the site, I've likely already dealt with the situation it's "alerting" me to.  Now I realize that's not the case for everybody, which is why I suggest we each be able to set our own level of detail for which notifications we do and do not wish to receive, something like this:

Email me when a user starts a new trade: YES/NO
Email me when a user proposes a trade configuration: YES/NO
Email me when a user accepts a proposed trade configuration: YES/NO
Email me when a user cancels a trade: YES/NO
Email me when a user sends their cards: YES/NO
Email me when a user receives their card: YES/NO
Email me when a user leaves feedback on a completed trade: YES/NO

**Emails including the address and trade configuration are always sent when a user confirms their address.  Send these and other selected emails: INDIVIDUALLY/ONCE DAILY

Or, for even greater control, each one could have the options "Individual, once daily, never" so you could, for example, be notified immediately on trade proposals/confirmations, then get sent/received notices once per day, and not be notified of the other actions at all.

Also, some of these are rather redundant.  I don't need two emails in a row when someone accepts my proposal and then confirms their address -- these are basically one action, and it seems like one email would suffice.  Likewise, when someone starts a new trade with me and then proposes a configuration a few minutes later.  I don't really need any email in this case, and certainly not two of them...

Last edited by IronMagus (2014-09-16 21:21:52)