Topic: New TCGplayer layout - poll

Is it just me, or does the new TCGplayer layout make it much harder to buy cards?  Completely over-hauled for the worse. SMH

Re: New TCGplayer layout - poll

What new layout?

In general, I am blunt and to the point. I apologize in advance if I appear mean or rude.

I am the Community Admin for the CSUN Magic Players Community. I also sometimes help people with technical issues.
My Wishlist | Featured Deck

TCGplayer site is completely redone.

JackSwindle,

Thank you for the passionate feedback. We are actively gathering information to quickly pass on to the designers/developers. It would help us tremendously if you could list off the main items that you see an issue with so we can prioritize them and compare them properly. You can email us directly at sales@tcgplayer.com if you want as well!

Thanks,

Chedy

I wholeheartedly agree with Jack.

- Set names are too small. I often am looking for a specific printing and it is now harder to find the right one.
- Waaaay too much white space everywhere
- Pages are unnecessarily longer because of the extra white space
- Information is harder to find in general. # of sellers is nice to see, now it's at the bottom.
- Imo, the # available should be larger font, but that's not a big deal.
- On individual card pages:   

• - the prices were moved to the bottom. This seems counter-intuitive for a market site. Below the price history and      "customers also bought" line?! Really?

• - More white space

- Optimizer:

• - Too much white space

• - Known issue(s)

Last edited by Kammikaze (2014-09-17 13:48:58)

Kammikaze wrote:

I wholeheartedly agree with Jack.

- Set names are too small. I often am looking for a specific printing and it is now harder to find the right one.
- Waaaay too much white space everywhere
- Pages are unnecessarily longer because of the extra white space
- Information is harder to find in general. # of sellers is nice to see, now it's at the bottom.
- Imo, the # available should be larger font, but that's not a big deal.
- On individual card pages:   

• - the prices were moved to the bottom. This seems counter-intuitive for a market site. Below the price history and      "customers also bought" line?! Really?

• - More white space

- Optimizer:

• - Too much white space

• - Known issue(s)

He already hit some of the main issues.  I liked it the way it was before.  I'm with the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" crowd.  It's completely terrible trying to use it in the current state (especially with a laptop).  It would be nice to have the old tcg as an option as you work with a new layout.  If you just try to force new things on people, it's going to end up costing you money.  I was going to order about $40 in cards, but trying to find different sellers became a chore.  Optimize still doesn't work correctly.  It keeps adding sellers where I don't have $1 worth of cards, or it makes my checkout more than how I had it.