Topic: Cards damage in transit.

I received cards today from a trade I had set up with another member.  Five cards, three top-loaders, and a bubble envelope.  All five cards are bent, in the same place.  All three toploaders are bent, in the same place as the cards.  And there's a crease in the bubble envelope what looks like it might have been lined up with the bends in the cards and toploaders while they were inside it.  And then, some of the cards I received from a different trade on the same day are also bent in a similar manner (except these other ones, the crease mark is vertical, not horizontal, and it didn't affect all of the cards from this shipment, and I don't see any definitive stress marks on the top-loaders, but considering it came in on the same day as the other trade, I'm willing to give both senders the benefit of the doubt.)

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say this is probably not the senders' faults, but rather the letter carrier was a little heavy-handed today, or else the sorting machines at my local post office are in need of a re-calibration.  According to the site's trading rules, the sender should not be held responsible in cases like this, which is understandable, I suppose, because it's really not their fault.  On the other hand, it's pretty disappointing to have received $65 worth of otherwise-NM cards which essentially have had their value slashed in half, through no fault of my own.

So what am I supposed to do in a situation like this?  I suppose "just eat the loss and get over it" is probably all you can tell me.  I guess maybe I'm just ranting more than anything, now.  I suppose there isn't much use in asking the post office for restitution, without any sort of insurance or anything.

[Edit: Whoops, maybe this belongs in somewhere other than the BTR forum -- I had come here and started typing it out when I thought the one guy had just sent me damaged cards, before I opened up the second envelope and found that they were both damaged in a similar way.]

Last edited by IronMagus (2014-09-22 20:44:29)

Re: Cards damage in transit.

Moved to Site Feedback and Discussion.

I suggest taking it to your local post office to see if there's anything they can do. Unfortunately, Deckbox policies do not cover any damage done by postal services and I haven't been able to find any information online regarding compensation without any insurance.