Topic: Possible to build decks with specific card printings/foils?

It doesn't seem like this is currently possible, but its something I've been looking for in an app/website for awhile.

I want to build my decks, and denote what printing I've chose to use, and indicate if the printing is a foil or not.  In example, I added 4 of the Promo Lightning Bolts to my inventory, but when I add them to my deck it just shows them as Normal M11 lightning bolts.   I'm am foiling out my deck, and I'd like to see what cards I currently have foiled in the deck, and the total price of the deck including the foils/promos etc...

Is this currently possible and I'm just missing something?

Re: Possible to build decks with specific card printings/foils?

Your wish is one of the Deckbox team's top priorities.

Awesome I can't wait.  That's the one feature keeping me from basically falling in forever love with Deckbox.

Having recently started to use the database, the ability to tag a specific printing of a card in a deck is what I consider a must-have feature. I enabled my free trial of premium to see if this activated the feature, but alas, it seems it hasn't been implemented yet. I'm adding cards to my inventory by looking through my decks, and I need to know what editions they are in the deck. Please implement this feature soon! It seems strange to have it in the inventory and not in the decks section.

I did the same thing. I activated my free trial premium membership hoping that I'd be able to do what the topic says but obviously I wasn't able to. I am blown away that this isn't a part of the site already. I don't understand why this is taking so long to do considering it has been requested for years now. Once this goes in, I will go happily go premium but without it, it's a deal breaker.

Nitelite wrote:

I don't understand why this is taking so long

This is because Deckbox is run by one person, Sebi, not a team of developers. Sebi runs this site as a full-time job so his priority has been and should be to do whatever gets food on his table. Now that the Deckbox Premium has been rolled out and the marketplace has had some time to develop I would be willing to bet that Sebi will be, if he isn't already, looking into implementing a feature like this and that it is high on his priority list.

It's also not trivial to implement. I've started thinking about how to go about it multiple times, but it's not easy to make something that does not ruffle the feathers of existing users that don't want it, as well as providing the functionality for the people that do want it.

Still working on the mobile interface these days, I'll do another try on this one soon though. It's high on my list (a very very long list big_smile)

Stopped in to check on this.  Glad to hear you're working on it.

A simple suggestion on an implementation.

1) when listing a deck you can have a check box. That when it is check it, the number of cards you have in your invatory only shows foil quantities.

2) a check box on each deck, that makes when viewing your own deck (not everyone) it auto defaults the check box above, showing your foil quantities.

Yeah, I too can't wait for this feature.  I think there's only one other site that has this functionality.

Checking again, this is still the missing feature keeping mr from using Deckbox.

Any update on this feature?