Topic: Have: Liliana of the Veil, cards. Want: Vendilion Clique

Looking for a Vendilion Clique to terrorize my EDH playgroup; or rather mostly to deal with Akroma Angel of Fury that half the group plays with now against my nearly mono-blue EDH deck, then terrorize with Deadeye Navigator. Finally accepted that I may have to trade my Liliana just to get it. So...

(And either version is fine, and only trading within the US.)

And while I am at it, suggestions for how else to deal with red Akroma (cannot be countered, protection from blue, and flying trample firebreathing) with basically a mono-blue EDH deck other than overload Cyclonic Rift?

Last edited by margaret_beverly (2014-11-02 16:26:53)

Re: Have: Liliana of the Veil, cards. Want: Vendilion Clique

Bump bump.

Don't have Clique, but you could deal with Akroma using artifact sweepers such as Perilous Vault or Nevinyrral's Disk.  If you want to stick to blue, Evacuation or Aetherspouts might work.

pumpkinsword, I have always went with the Disk not working for me as I literally just buy time trying to stay alive and have to completely set up with multiple permanents to win so destroying my own permanents just does not sound good for me (I am also the one who usually counters other people's Disk). Though I think I might finally be accepting the fact that really might just have to be my plan and just re-setup everything; especially as Perilous Vault exiles everything (I do not have cards like Trading Post, Reanimate, regenerate creatures, etc that others have). The only bouncing Akroma part just is not a permanent solution for me (big part of why I want Clique now; bounce and Clique I can do). I really just die to the red Akroma every single time.

You could try Mycosynth Lattice to level the playing field a bit. Bribery to steal an Akroma before it becomes a threat. Wash Out could be helpful, though temporary. I think artifact creatures in general, especially something like Steel Hellkite, could help you out a bit.

Last edited by BasedJeleren (2014-11-02 16:52:29)

Selling anything and everything on any of my lists

BasedJeleren, I have actually been considering artifact creatures like Hornet Cannon and Darksteel Gargoyle (I already run Creepy/Stuff Doll, Fog Bank, Wall of Frost, other big butt creatures to block), but the constant mana requirement for the Cannon would probably be annoying and the Gargoyle as a 7 mana blocker just sounds like a terrible idea (though might actually just be needed cause now three hate me with red Akroma). And Bribery would be really great and I have actually considered it before so I could take a Blightsteel Colossus, but I just have a "I refuse to search libraries and shuffle more than I have to" preference. So I do not run tutors or anything that searches libraries like Solemn Simulacrum or Evolving Wilds.