Re: Need input from everyone

9700377 wrote:
elpablo wrote:

Sending something priority comes with tracking and $50 insurance ... why either of you wouldn't spend the extra $1.00 to get insurance on a trade of this value boggles my mind.

Would insurance actually cover a case where the package is marked as delivered but the recipient claims never actually arrived?

I've sent something like over 80 trades and have yet to have a package simply lost in a way that only insurance would clearly deal with. Thus I don't really miss it. Maybe I'm naive.

If you open an insurance claim the post office will investigate what happened, because they're on the hook if they don't deliver. If they refuse to pay the claim because they delivered, that should more or less be proof that the recipient is where the problem is.

Would they actually do additional investigation beyond saying "our records show that the package was delivered", though? Would they contact the recipient for a statement? I'm just not seeing how insurance would have mattered in this instance.

Last edited by 9700377 (2014-12-02 17:52:37)

9700377 wrote:

Would they actually do additional investigation beyond saying "our records show that the package was delivered", though? Would they contact the recipient for a statement? I'm just not seeing how insurance would have mattered in this instance.

Not sure, don't work for the post office and I've never opened an insurance claim. USPS makes a lot of mistakes with tracking, as an anecdote, I sent a friend some cards tracked. Tracking showed they arrived, he didn't get it. Contacted his local postal carrier, and the postmaster. They did investigate, 3 days later the package arrived. They offered no explanation to what happened. It is however not unheard of for postal carriers to scan all their packages as delivered before they deliver them. They view it as a paperwork kind of chore. Then if they don't actually put it in the mailbox, woops! fell behind the seat in the truck or whatever, gets found a few days later and delivered.

I don't think with an insured package that a delivery scan alone constitutes proof.

9700377 wrote:
elpablo wrote:

Sending something priority comes with tracking and $50 insurance ... why either of you wouldn't spend the extra $1.00 to get insurance on a trade of this value boggles my mind.

Would insurance actually cover a case where the package is marked as delivered but the recipient claims never actually arrived?

I've sent something like over 80 trades and have yet to have a package simply lost in a way that only insurance would clearly deal with. Thus I don't really miss it. Maybe I'm naive.

As I said I've personally never seen a package lost with tracking.  I think you'd have to jump through some hoops to get the claim pushed through if tracking said delivered. Which imo means if tracking says delivered and package actually, really, for sure, no doubt, absolutely,  no joshin, fo realz... didn't make it to the destination that person is just SOL.

Here's a corner case with some discussion on the topic from the perspective of an ebay/amazon seller.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Archive-S … p/16841117

http://www.reddit.com/r/Flipping/commen … o_package/

Last edited by elpablo (2014-12-02 19:47:43)

sk00gle wrote:

I'd like to point out that the poll at the top of this thread is somewhat misleading. In order to make an informed vote, the potential voter needs a bit more context than just the prompt provided. In my case, I need to know the specific circumstances of the lost mail. Granted, this thread came to be in light of a BTR involving our colleague Wally; that having been said, the prompt is phrased too generally and does not reflect the circumstances of that BTR.

The pool is general not specific to my trade

On 10/22 I got home and saw tracking said delivered so I went to our locked mailbox and pulled out all the mail. After I sorted the mail ( not it, not it, bill, bill, garbage... ) I realized there was no package delivered as it said on the USPS site. I then informed sentiinex I didn't get it and that I did get mail. sentiinex thought maybe he had wrote the address wrong ( later I confirmed via the Postmaster looking a photo of the package that he had written it correctly ).
Over the next 2 days after work each day I checked the apartment office, the post office, and talked to the postmaster by phone then informed sentiinex of all of this. I was still hoping that it would show up, and the Postmaster had the letter carrier look for it but couldn't find it. I've even knocked on my neighbors doors asking if they received it. The apartments I live in have something like 200 units, each building  is split into 12 units and each staircase has 6 each. The mailboxes are setup the same way. I live on the third floor in #154, my downstairs neighbor is in #145... guess where I think it went. I have a letter from the Postmaster that says "As the item is lost in the mail..." sounds like she has no doubt it didn't make it to me. I asked if the tracking could reflect this, because it says Delivered, but she said they have no way to undo that. I have tried to contact USPS to open a claim, but no insurance means no claim. User bactgudz suggested opening an investigation, on Nov. 19th sentiinex said "ive been instructed to cancel this trade and leave negative feedback. ill also open a case with usps and give you a case number once they provide me with that"

So the package was delivered, but not to me.
#145 claims she never got it either but I don't know.
I've been hoping it would get sent back to sentiinex marked "return to sender" by whomever has it, but its been over a month now.

I never doubted sentiinex sent it
I never accused him of any wrong doing and even helped him prove he wrote the address correctly
I never asked for my card back I only want what was coming to me
I never had a problem with the price drop in the cards, it was never a factor, the moment the deal was made I told him he was getting the better end of the deal
I never got aggressive or argumentative with sentiinex in our trade chat, I remained patient and hopeful things would work out in the end

I have done nothing wrong in this trade, my cards were sent out and received perfectly
I have been patient, both in waiting for the package and communicating with sentiinex
I have been given negative feedback for disagreeing with Sebi on how the rules are "meant it to mean" and for disagreeing with Sebi on 2 past issues NOT for any action or inaction related to the trade itself.
I have had cards I sent lost in the mail before, but I just resent the cards and all ended well.
I have had cards sent to me lost in the mail before, but I let it go and didn't make the sender resend cards even though they offered to and all ended well

I hope that answers most of the questions, I probably missed some and or forgot to write something I need sleep

so I'll hit Submit reply and that will be the cue jassi007 to have something interesting to say interlaced with insults and name calling. So far according to jassi007 I'm rude, combative, a toddler, a jerk and my favorite "the douche", all warranted if you only look at the Giant_Glass_Box issue... I don't know what the hell happened there I was obviously out of my mind.

I have a lot of trade partners that could tell you different, but I'm not worried about it.

jassi007  you will trade with me someday

Wally_H wrote:
sk00gle wrote:

I'd like to point out that the poll at the top of this thread is somewhat misleading. In order to make an informed vote, the potential voter needs a bit more context than just the prompt provided. In my case, I need to know the specific circumstances of the lost mail. Granted, this thread came to be in light of a BTR involving our colleague Wally; that having been said, the prompt is phrased too generally and does not reflect the circumstances of that BTR.

The pool is general not specific to my trade

I think I did the poll wrong and think it should be done site wide for all people to see and have a chance to offer an opinion.

Allright, I feel enough has been said here. Closing this.

Wally, please just accept the resolution and move on. You do not seem to understand that endless arguing is what got you the negative. You are still endlessly arguing it seems, even now.