Topic: Selling collection

I am looking to sell the entirety of my collection. Everything on my tradelist is included. I am only keeping two decks (superfriends edh and death and taxes).

I have a 99% foiled UWR control modern deck, Jund modern, most of bogles(gw hexproof), 3 noble hierarchs, 2 bayous, jtms (ftv).

This also includes unlisted items: 2 sealed mind twist commander decks, 4 opened but sleaved 2014 commander decks, upwards of 10,000 common/uncommons, jace v vraska, sorin v tibalt.

Let me know if there is serious interest as this is a very valuable collection and I will detail everything out and create a sellers account. I know theres a lot of missing cards of value on my list that I've pulled from packs and trades.

Re: Selling collection

Whats the price?

Mallimo87 wrote:

Whats the price?

Wondering the same thing?

Last edited by Apoptosis (2014-12-17 22:19:52)

Are you going to be selling as a whole, or would you be willing to piece it out?

Wondering the same thing. Great collection you've got here, but I don't think I'd be able to take it in one swoop.

I would be more inclined to sell as a whole. If its in pieces it would have to be in large logical pieces (ie decks or chunks that go together). I don't want people to be cherry picking the best cards out and then leaving me with a heap of less desirable but still valuable cards. I'm willing to negotiate as a percentage of market retail price.

If you haven't dealt with buying or selling a large collection before, you should be aware that in order to sell in one lot, you'll have to accept a lower price than if piecing it out. This is for a couple reasons:

1. If you have X, Y, and Z, and I only wanted X, I am not going to give you very much for Y or Z. Whereas if you find a buyer who actively wants Y and Z, they'll be willing to pay more for those.
2. The sheer size of a mid-four-figures collection precludes 99% of players from even attempting a lot purchase; they just simply do not have the cash on hand, even if the price is right. So that leaves your pool of potential customers almost entirely dealers (whether store-level or amateur/backpack dealers), who are only looking to flip your cards for a profit.

Basically, piecing a collection out is work, but that work has value. If you want someone to buy everything in one lot, be prepared to pay them (in the form of lowered prices) for doing the work you wouldn't do.

I have created a sellers profile on here. If any of you are interested in buying bulk I am willing to work on a deal.