Topic: Decks Including Tokens

Something that is really bugging me is the way tokens are incorporated into deck building.
Allow me to clarify: say I would want to create a deck containing 60 cards with a 15 card sideboard.
Now, this deck relies on tokens so let's assume I need 3 types of tokens and, say, 5 copies of each.
When I look at the summary for the deck I'm going to see 15 more cards than expected, not to mention
the position of tokens in the deck is right in the middle.
I would not want to put these tokens in the sideboard since I would face the same problem with sideboard space,
let alone the fact I might forget about them altogether as I often use sideboards as "ideas in need of checking".

I would suggest adding a separate location for adding tokens to a deck, similarly to how sideboards (and scratchpads) are incorporated.

Re: Decks Including Tokens

1383527306 wrote:

Something that is really bugging me is the way tokens are incorporated into deck building.
Allow me to clarify: say I would want to create a deck containing 60 cards with a 15 card sideboard.
Now, this deck relies on tokens so let's assume I need 3 types of tokens and, say, 5 copies of each.
When I look at the summary for the deck I'm going to see 15 more cards than expected, not to mention
the position of tokens in the deck is right in the middle.
I would not want to put these tokens in the sideboard since I would face the same problem with sideboard space,
let alone the fact I might forget about them altogether as I often use sideboards as "ideas in need of checking".

I would suggest adding a separate location for adding tokens to a deck, similarly to how sideboards (and scratchpads) are incorporated.

I sometimes put tokens in the notes area.

1383527306 wrote:

I would suggest adding a separate location for adding tokens to a deck, similarly to how sideboards (and scratchpads) are incorporated

This is part of the functionality of the Scratchpad ("Another deck section besides your sideboard. Use it to keep in mind cards related to your deck, possible replacements and additions.")

d72B wrote:
1383527306 wrote:

I would suggest adding a separate location for adding tokens to a deck, similarly to how sideboards (and scratchpads) are incorporated

This is part of the functionality of the Scratchpad ("Another deck section besides your sideboard. Use it to keep in mind cards related to your deck, possible replacements and additions.")

I fail to understand why using tokens for a deck (as in properly placing them in a correct area) should require premium membership, which is what the scartchpad currently requires.

Last edited by 1383527306 (2014-12-23 09:32:29)

1383527306 wrote:

I fail to understand why using tokens for a deck (as in properly placing them in a correct area) should require premium membership.

I'm not 100% sure you actually do want to have them in the main deck section. I wouldn't for example. They are not main deck cards, they are only an optional accessory to your deck.

Having them generally in the main deck would require fixes in various places - the counts as you well said, plus others like the deck value, deck statistics page : both mana cost graph and the sample hand generator, and other bits and pieces.

I'll leave this as an item on the todo list, but it's very low priority at the moment. As d72B said, the scratchpad would right now be the intended area for these cards.