Topic: Postage types

Hey, I'm just setting up my account for selling now.

I was wondering, do we "HAVE" to provide tracking for every sale? As international postage from Australia is quite expensive and people may not wish to pay for tracking for certain items.

As such, I'm attempting a tiered structure with my postage (All numbers below are in AUD$:
Australia Regular - $1.5 - Regular postage, no tracking, no delivery confirmation, $
Australian Registered - $4.5 - Registered postage, comes with tracking as default, compensation for loss or damage (up to $100)
International Regular - $2.75 - Same as the Australia regular, no bells or whistles.
International Registered - $14.90 - Confirmation of sending, no tracking, damage compensation of <=$100
International Registered W/ Delivery Confirmation - $18.75 - Confirmation of sending, no tracking, damage compensation of <=$100
International Tracked - $21.20 - Available for these countries, tracking, proof of postage.

These prices are based upon the numbers I'm seeing from Australia Post

Is this allowed? And is there a way I can restrict the International Tracked to the list that I am actually allowed to post to? (To ensure people from Romania or somesuch don't pay for it since Pack & Track does not cover there).

Last edited by Oddalicious (2014-12-27 09:05:42)

Re: Postage types

Just bumping as I can't really confirm my seller profile until I'm sure this format is allowed on Deckbox.

Here is what I can tell you from my own experience.  I have limited my own shipping to only be with tracking even for international.  I am sure this keeps some people from buying from me on the international side since the shipping to everywhere but Canada is $25.  The reason being is that it protects you and the buyer.  If you do not get tracking, then you have no protection if they start a Paypal dispute.  I had someone(not on deckbox) get their item and then dispute the charge and because I did not get tracking but only had the receipt from the post office, I automatically lost the dispute and had to give them their money back.  This may be no big deal if the trade is for a few $$ but you may not like it if it is for more.  Keep this in mind, you may end up in a dispute on deckbox that you can win without a tracking # but you will never win with Paypal which is the money side.  My other reason for my international shipping being what it is, is because it includes shipping insurance for free up to $50.  I have actually had a package destroyed due to the truck it was on crashing and burning to the ground.  In that situation I was just out the $25 on the order.  My last reason is that most people like having the peace of mind knowing that cards are on the way and they know when they will be there.  Below is how I break down my shipping.  Hope this helps you even though they are based on prices from the US.

First Class Shipping - Levels for 20 - 100 cards starting at $2.25 and going up to $3.25
Priority Shipping for Card Amounts of 101 - 460 Cards for $6
First Class International to Canada - 40 Cards is $8 and 80 Cards is $9
Priority Shipping to Canada - Up to 460 Cards is $20
Priority International Shipping - Up to 460 Cards is $25

Yeah, I might just remove the tracking-less options and limit my buyers, as I'd forgotten about Paypal's strict options.