Topic: Initial Meeting

I bet you are all wondering why I invited you here and I will get to that in a moment but first I would like to say that I feel you are all wonderful players and know how to approach magic from different angles to get different results which is why I made this group.

I have been playing with a group of players that has hit a kind of plateau for their current play style and power level, however they have expressed interest in becoming more competitive. While playing with them I have noticed certain thing each player has trouble with focusing on and I would like to build decks that would be usable as tiered teaching materials not just for them but potential newcomers to the game.

Having said that I had a thought for the first set of decks being simply a set of 5 mono-color, "this is what this color does" decks that would be able to shift power levels by simply swapping specific cards out. I would also like if they could have the capability to play effectively in multi-player with each other as well as 1v1 but that is not required.

Now you are in no way required to help in this project and don't have to leave this group if you don't want to help, but I would greatly appreciate having more view points as each player brings their own flavor, strengths, and approach to magic whenever they build a deck which can lead to strong decks in the players most similar color(s) but also lead to problems with building a deck in the player's most opposite color(s).

If any of you have ideas for building decks for this feel free to make them and name them whatever you want but try to label them so that the group can see which color they are for example "Disposable Forces (BtB Black)"

Don't know if I have anything else to say except have fun, play on, and may you always get the perfect top deck in a pinch.

Re: Initial Meeting

Why thank you Augh, for thinking so highly of my playstyle and the way i approach deckbuilding. While most of what i design are Commander/EDH decks, id be willing to take it upon myself to help build some basic "this is what color x does" decks for you and your regular playgroup.

Re: Initial Meeting

I guess I can give it a shot setting up a few ideas for a monocolored deck or two.