Topic: Plains at $3.00?

Is there a reason why the price for basic Plains is now sitting at $3?

Re: Plains at $3.00?

I would like to know as well. All of the basic lands are now showing for > $0.50. When I try to make a budgeted deck, I now have to leave the basic lands out until the very last thing to put on the list so I can see an actual price.

I wish basic lands didn't have a price at all to be honest.

Skygrinder wrote:

In decks, certainly. Things like full-art lands demand an inventory value, but just listing "plains" in your deck list shouldn't change your deck value.

Skygrinder wrote:

Short of lands which actually have some real value, I completely agree. Some prices on DB are just obviously flawed. While not a deal breaker, it's more of an annoyance then anything else.

Now, there are some basics which do carry a price tag associated with them and for those lands you definitely want a "value".

Hopefully it's something they can sort out in the future

All basic lands are showing having more value because FRF basics do have value due to only being included in the Ugin's fate pack

FlutterGuy wrote:

All basic lands are showing having more value because FRF basics do have value due to only being included in the Ugin's fate pack

They're also in the fat packs and, I believe, the intro packs.

FlutterGuy wrote:

If that's the case, deckbox shouldn't be listing the cards for latest available set. It falsifies the value. That goes for all cards. Look at the difference in price between tarmogoyf from mma and the one from fut.

I feel like there should be an option to use lowest priced edition prints when we are building decks. Or, at the very least, an option to remove basic lands from calculation.

Decks prices can be wildly inaccurate because it doesn't take into account what version of a card you have in a deck. It just picks one.