Topic: H: Altered Scalding Tarns

I'm looking for someone who would be interested in a playset of altered tarns. I'd like to move them as a playset since they match.

Check em out here http://imgur.com/a/aXtLf

Last edited by cobra777 (2015-01-20 23:02:08)

Re: H: Altered Scalding Tarns

I'd be interested depending on value back to you...

I'm not going to trade them below market value. It would really just depend on the cards that are offered in return

cobra777 wrote:

I'm not going to trade them below market value. It would really just depend on the cards that are offered in return

What is market value on an altered card?

Before you read what I copy pasta below remember that I have no real say in the value of the cards, just providing information.

"There are many alterations consisting of extending the card’s original art towards the edges; in those cards, the name, mana cost, original art, card type, and rules text are easily recognizable. For this type of alteration to be legal, the card must retain its original borders, either black or white. We wouldn't allow this example in tournaments since the alteration has covered the card’s original black border. If the card would have kept its original black border, it would be tournament legal."

shadowsmiles42 wrote:

Before you read what I copy pasta below remember that I have no real say in the value of the cards, just providing information.

"There are many alterations consisting of extending the card’s original art towards the edges; in those cards, the name, mana cost, original art, card type, and rules text are easily recognizable. For this type of alteration to be legal, the card must retain its original borders, either black or white. We wouldn't allow this example in tournaments since the alteration has covered the card’s original black border. If the card would have kept its original black border, it would be tournament legal."

Do you mind providing a source for this? Not trying to cause issues, I am legitimately curious.

shadowsmiles42 wrote:

Before you read what I copy pasta belprovide and strategic advantage.member that I have no real say in the value of the cards, just providing information.

I have never heard this before and I'm 99% sure that's not the rules any judge follows. http://blogs.magicjudges.org/rulestips/ … s-and-you/

Basically alters can't cover names, mana costs and can't provide any strategic advantage

The altering of the border falls under the 4th point. That being said, if the judge okays before the tournament it then it's legal.

If you don't get judges approval and your opponent calls a judge on it (which I've seen more than a handful of times), there is the significant possibility of having an invalid deck.

It doesn't reference border altering anywhere. It just says that if there's paint going over the edge which would differentiate the card from any other card in the deck then that is a problem.

I'm not sure what kind of judges you play with but I have never had a problem playing with these. You can clearly see the unaltered portion of the card.