Topic: Draft decks a format?

In my decklists I have a section for draft decks.  I play in tournaments and we us deckboxes' events feature.  However I can not have the event collect the information for my deck since it is labeled as 'incomplete'.  Also it is labeled as 'standard'.  First I think that draft should be a proper label.  Secondly, I believe that manual options for labeling a deck should be created.  If I use all Modern cards in a legacy or vintage deck deckbox would label it automatically as modern despite it being used in a different format.  Could manual labeling be an option in addition to the automatic settings for decks?  Can 'Draft deck' be a format much like 'Standard', 'Modern', 'Legacy' etc?  Could both be implemented since not all draft decks will consist of 40 cards?  Can 'Tiny Leaders' be a format please?

Last edited by Paul_K (2015-01-30 16:00:41)

Re: Draft decks a format?

Paul_K wrote:

First I think that draft should be a proper label.

Paul_K wrote:

In my decklists I have a section for draft decks.  I play in tournaments and we us deckboxes' events feature.  However I can not have the event collect the information for my deck since it is labeled as 'incomplete'.

I have the same problems.

Paul_K wrote:

Secondly, I believe that manual options for labeling a deck should be created.  If I use all Modern cards in a legacy or vintage deck deckbox would label it automatically as modern despite it being used in a different format.  Could manual labeling be an option in addition to the automatic settings for decks?

Yes! Maybe even some freeform labeling.

Paul_K wrote:

Can 'Tiny Leaders' be a format please?

I'd go with the the freeform. If you are going to add Tiny Leaders, you should also add Soulless, Pauper EDH (PDH), Block Constructed, Cube, Singleton, Rainbow Stairwell, Prismatic, Noble, Fat Stack, and many others.

In general, I am blunt and to the point. I apologize in advance if I appear mean or rude.

I am the Community Admin for the CSUN Magic Players Community. I also sometimes help people with technical issues.
My Wishlist | Featured Deck

Good point. 40 card decks should be marked as drafted.

sebi wrote:

And Tiny leaders at 50! (Could also add the other conditions: Legacy, Singleton, CMC <=3 only, at least one Legendary creature - would be cool to be able to denote a card as the Commander to enforce the commander colours rule)

sebi wrote:

What of draft decks that utilize more than 40 cards?