Topic: Default Values

I have been trying to input cards but when I do - the default values have changed somehow and they are not adding together anymore.   I know that I have changed this in the past from Near-Mint to Mint so that when I add cards - that's how it's set.   I have clicked every button multiple times and can NOT seem to remember how to do this.   Can anyone help me????  I have so many cards to enter and if I have to change the values for each and everyone - I think I'd rather just throw them in a box and move on!!   PLEASE tell me how to change the default settings!!!!!!    Thank you so much!

Re: Default Values

I think that you are having the error discussed here. Is this the problem? Please post a picture and try to explain exactly what you are doing. If you can export your inventory and post the file so that I can look at it that would also help.

In general, I am blunt and to the point. I apologize in advance if I appear mean or rude.

I am the Community Admin for the CSUN Magic Players Community. I also sometimes help people with technical issues.
My Wishlist | Featured Deck

I saw that other post before I did mine and it didn't seem like the same problem based on his screen print.   I will put my steps (screen printed) in a word document and attach to this thread.  I don't understand how this isn't just "standard knowledge".   Setting default values for all input to cards regardless of the manner seems like it should be SOP.  I know when I "USE" to set the default values there was a place for Set, Condition, Origin and maybe even type. (I don't remember type but I'm 100% sure on the other 3).  I accidentally set my cards default values to something other than English (US flag) once and that was a MESS to clean up after I realized it.   This has been a feature that worked since the day I joined Deckbox.   Crazy that I can't find it now and that no one seems to know what I'm talking about.

Are you simply looking for where you set the default settings when adding/importing to your inventory?

Post's attachments

Inventory Defaults.png 6.37 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

YES YES YES!!!  Very much YES!!

1) Browse to your inventory page.
2) In the upper-right mouse-over Import.
3) Select Cards from the drop-down list.

Inventory defaults will be below and to the right of the field where you enter the card name.

Attachment

Post's attachments

Deckbox Steps to add a Card.docx 1.27 mb, 5 downloads since 2015-04-16 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Both of those are set to MINT.  (Inventory and Tradelist) - and as you can see by the attachment - that is not what is coming out when I "+" the cards.

Hmmm, maybe there are just a site-wide default settings when adding cards through that dialog. Chaim or Sebi, do you have any idea if that might be the case?

This use to work with no problems - it's just been a recent development that it's not adding based on the defaults.   That's why I thought I must have missed something - I've never had this problem before.

I know what you are talking about now, but I have not yet been able to find a solution to that myself. it does sound like a good idea to have, but it does not yet exist to the best of my knowledge.

In general, I am blunt and to the point. I apologize in advance if I appear mean or rude.

I am the Community Admin for the CSUN Magic Players Community. I also sometimes help people with technical issues.
My Wishlist | Featured Deck

I've been putting my inventory in here for over a year now and it's worked up to maybe a few weeks ago.   
and yes, I'm 100% sure of that statement!

mrsfrost71 wrote:

I've been putting my inventory in here for over a year now and it's worked up to maybe a few weeks ago.   
and yes, I'm 100% sure of that statement!

Checking this for upcoming release, sorry for the confusion.