Re: v4.2: Mobile Web Interface

The problem with a simple "minus" on the wishlist counting as a "plus" on the inventory is that generally users have very "unspecific" entries in their wishlist like "two Mountain cards". When they add them to their inventory, then want to add "two M10 Mountain cards, one Slightly Played English, one Near Mint Foil French".

That's why you usually need to provide a way for a detailed card input. On the desktop, you can use the in-place-editor to remove one from wishlist, and then click on the inventory count next to it, which opens a detailed card editor.

For the mobile interface, right now you can only click on the card name and then use the controls there to add a new detailed card to your inventory.

In the edition checklist view on desktop we do provide these "Plus" buttons which assign defaults when you add to your inventory, because it was sort of built with that in mind and is more verbose in explaining what happens exactly when you click the "+".

Re: v4.2: Mobile Web Interface

I'm not suggesting that they be automatically added to inventory.  It would work well in my case, but possibly not in most other cases.

I'm suggesting that it be easier to both without having to search up cards twice.  Just put all 3 card count options in all the views.

As it is now, I could use th mobile interface to look up some information, but it's not useful for editing quantities and I'll just switch to the desktop view.

Even he desktop view is inconvenient since you can't always edit in line. (I don't like the pop-up window even a little). I am someone who doesn't care about the card edition at all.  Just if I have the card or not. In fact, I fill the edition field when I have to, but it's not accurate in my collection. There could be some settings to make it easier for me, but my collection style may not be a large enough percent of the users to go to the trouble. I understand that.

In most cases, I am looking for 4 of every card.  If I have 3 in inventory then I have 1 in the wish list. There are some exceptions.  For example, anything premodern I don't out them in the wish list.  Most of the playable lands and a few staples I go for 8 instead of 4 (shock lands, fetch lands, tarmogoyf etc).

If I could get the edition to default to the latest edition, edit inline, and not have to run multiple searches to "move a card" from the wish list to inventory (or the reverse) my basic needs would be met.