Topic: v4.2: Mobile Web Interface

Hello everyone,

I am happy to release the first version of our web interface for mobile devices. It features bigger touch-oriented buttons, fast & concise listings, and quick-loading pages for when you are on the go.

The following features are currently supported for premium users:

• Browsing and filtering your collection

• Listing of all decks & folders

• Adding cards and Editing counts in your collection & decks

• Viewing card information

• Viewing information about trades

For our free users, the interface is right now read-only (no options for adding cards & changing counts) and advertisment supported.

A bigger feature that is upcoming is being able to edit trades and to chat on trade pages in the mobile interface. It's already in the works but I have hit some snags and decided it's better to release and get some feedback on the rest of the stuff first, rather than wait more.

For any site functionality that is not yet present in the mobile interface, you can quickly switch to the desktop version, and then switch back by using the button at the bottom of the page.

Enjoy! As usual, I am looking forward to your feedback. I still have big plans for the future of the
mobile interface, and I am glad to have taken this first decisive step.

P.S. On Android, please use the Chrome or Firefox browsers instead of the default "not-named browser", since it is not as feature complete.

I have not yet tested on windows phones, as I did not have access to one, but it's on my todo list. If you do use a windows phone yourself, I'd love to hear your experience with the interface.

Re: v4.2: Mobile Web Interface

Looks great so far for me!  Thanks for all of your work on the site!

Wow that looks great. Great job!

On thing tho, not sure if it's just me but when I get directed to the log on screen, it's kinda off center. Like the the word "deckbox" has x cut in half so I thought that it wasn't loading right.

Last edited by Helios52 (2015-05-12 15:07:10)

Post's attachments

image.jpg 122.58 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Blackberry user here, destined to never get anything cool.

Just kidding! It actually works on bb! Woot!

Last edited by Kammikaze (2015-05-12 15:14:28)

Kammikaze wrote:

Blackberry user here, destined to never get anything cool.

Just kidding! It actually works on bb! Woot!

Hmm, interesting, because I checked and I didn't include blackberry in the list of user agents we serve the mobile interface for. Do you see the listing like the one in the screenshot here after logging in? -> http://deckbox.org/mobile

sebi wrote:

Do you see the listing like the one in the screenshot here after logging in?

Yup smile

Kammikaze wrote:
sebi wrote:

Do you see the listing like the one in the screenshot here after logging in?

Yup smile

Cool. Might be possible that the browser sends "Android" in the user agent string somehow. I'm completely out of touch with the state of blackberry devices & browsers on them, I need to read up a bit, see what would be compatible.

sebi wrote:

I need to read up a bit, see what would be compatible.

I wouldn't even bother. There's a reason BB's market share is <1%.

How do I get back to the mobile. Ersion once I have switched to the Desktop version?

While I haven't taken the time to dive deep into it, this looks like a fantastic improvement for mobile. Thanks, Sebi!

730476891 wrote:

How do I get back to the mobile. Ersion once I have switched to the Desktop version?

There is a button on the bottom of the page, on the left. Might need to make it more visible, perhaps I will move it to the top.

Works great on BB10! (don't count BlackBerry out!) No issues thus far

Hey would it be possible to get price updates for all the Duel Deck Anthology stuff? There aren't prices for most of it.

I love how easy it is to see decks now -- they have a very clean display.  Very nice work.

Small bug. If a trade update was made on that day, you get ,"Cards sent on 19:33."

It's awesome! Thank you!

Thank you.

Do we have spoiler view inside mobile view?

Looks great on Windows Phone.  No problems here.

Just tried the interface on my Andriod. Looks fantastic!  I'm seriously considering the premium membership now just to get full use on the interface. Thanks for the great work, Sebi!

Checking out some of my finished trades, it doesn't look like the trade totals are only adding one copy of a card and not all the copies that might be included. You can check my Kozilek / Caverns trade for an example of this.

Can you put the buttons to switch to and from the mobile version in the same place (both in the bottom right, or both in the bottom left)?

In general, I am blunt and to the point. I apologize in advance if I appear mean or rude.

I am the Community Admin for the CSUN Magic Players Community. I also sometimes help people with technical issues.
My Wishlist | Featured Deck

Looks really nice :-) I'd add an icon, though, as people making shortcuts to the site will see some gibberish on their phones.

http://ajfek.pl/mlc-banner.gif
^^ Help me spread the good news! big_smile

Wow, nice work, it is looking slick! I am using an LGG2 running the latest version of Android. One UI suggestion would be to perhaps increase the font weight, or increase the font color contrast with the background. I find myself zooming in to read text. Google Chrome's Developer tools are useful for emulating mobile devices - I use them often in development. Just my 2-cents.

Profile     Tradelist     Wishlist

Used it yesterday while at my LGS, logged in, checked out my wishlist, quickly and smooth, it was awesome on Iphone 5s.  Slick, nice work.
http://s23.postimg.org/76x2oo2p7/deckbox.png

Last edited by Lukin (2015-05-15 15:06:35)

I haven't used it much yet, but as someone who uses the site to manage a somewhat large collection (partly as a detailed list for insurance purposes), it seems odd that there is no obvious functionality to move a card from the wish list to inventory. 

On the inventory screen you can move them back and forth to trades, but on the wish list you can only increase or decrease the wish.

Couldn't decreasing them on the wish list imply that they were added to the collection? Not in all cases, but certainly almost all of mine.

There are similar inconveniences on the desktop version of the site too.  I've just been kinda putting up with it for the last few years.

The only other feedback I have before using it more is that perhaps large screen devices (iPads etc) should get an interface which better utilizes the space.