Re: v4.2.1: More email notification preferences, Modern Masters Pricing

Does anyone have any idea when the FNM promo of Frost Walker will be added?

Are there any plans to update the default price settings for cards with unspecified versions? For example, the site now assumes that a default lightning bolt is from MM2 rather than M11, even though the original MM set didn't originally do this. That is, MM1 set was treated like Commander/Conspiracy as a non-major printing while MM2 seems to be treated like a regular expansion. Is this an error, or intentional?

thanks!

rfioren wrote:

Are there any plans to update the default price settings for cards with unspecified versions? For example, the site now assumes that a default lightning bolt is from MM2 rather than M11, even though the original MM set didn't originally do this. That is, MM1 set was treated like Commander/Conspiracy as a non-major printing while MM2 seems to be treated like a regular expansion. Is this an error, or intentional?

thanks!

This was an error, but now thinking about it I am not sure what it should be actually... I did receive feedback that for some FTV or duel decks, they should be considered "last printing" although they are non-major...

Thoughts?

Thanks for the work on the My Orders page! Works great.

sebi wrote:

Thoughts?

For the sake of transparency: ideally the fix would be the tagging system implementation which allows members to tag specific cards in their inventory for each deck instead of using this other representation of that card. Of course that is a large implementation, so in the meantime...

IMO keep it simple and just use the latest printing - whether supplementary or not - since that price (if accurate) is usually indicative of the "going rate" for that card. If excluding any printings I would say exclude only the foil-only printings like FTVs and Premium (foil) Decks. Duel and Event decks should be included since they're often the best edition to buy since they're cheaper.

sebi wrote:
rfioren wrote:

thanks!

This was an error, but now thinking about it I am not sure what it should be actually... I did receive feedback that for some FTV or duel decks, they should be considered "last printing" although they are non-major...

Thoughts?

I think it should be consistent at a minimum (e.g., treat MM1 and MM2 the same), and that any change you make would ideally be accompanied by an easier way to auto-tag un-tagged cards.

I don't think it makes sense to assume the printing of an unknown card is from a limited or minor product (such as FTV/duel decks). What I would probably suggest doing actually is to remove the set symbol for all un-tagged cards and just show the lowest price from all sets. Absent that, I would assume the card is from the most recent "major" printing, since that's probably the most likely. Now as for how I'd categorize MM2, since it's somewhere inbetween a major printing and a minor one is TBD. I'd probably call Commander a major printing, duel decks/FTV minor printings, and MM2 probably a minor printing.

The ideal solution is to find an easier way for people with large collections to set the versions of their cards (especially where there's a significant difference in value among editions) in an easy way.

rfioren wrote:

What I would probably suggest doing actually is to remove the set symbol for all un-tagged cards and just show the lowest price from all sets.

This, imo.

Add: The one caveat to this would be the oversized cards. Perhaps those should be made separate from the regular cards i.e. Animar, Soul of Elements - Oversized.

Last edited by Kammikaze (2015-06-10 12:47:32)

FYI
banefire and etched monstrosity foils not pricing

Puppeteer Clique Foil, Spellskite Foil are both not priced. Also Ojutai's Command (Prerelease Promo) and Hidden Dragonslayer (Prerelease Promo) have no prices, didn't know where else to post them.