Re: User Des R. (doctorgraim) is a scammer

Helios52 wrote:

I was (still am?) part of the Mod-Team that handled the BTRs before the change to current system that happened sometime ago. The problem with having free Mods was the power that could be given to us. My power (in general) is limited  to really just closing and locking threads. This is no fault of Sebi or Deckbox because how much power can you expect give to a volunteer who could have access to personal or finicial information about hundreds of other users? That's a security flaw and liability that Deckbox doesnt need to worry about.  More power to do things like lock accounts and ban people would require people who need to work for Deckbox in some capacity in order to cover that. I agree that Sebi does great work and could use some more help but its not as cut an dry as people would like it to be.

Hey, thanks for responding! Glad to know that there was at least someone that was trusted to help out as I think that was needed. I totally understand the liability of all of that and to an extent, I agree with this. The part of me also sees that there needs to be a balance. Do you have a liability of giving people you dont know access  to sensitive information? Or,do you deal with the liability that you may be harboring an environment that scammers may take advantage of?

As for modding people, in no way am I saying to give power to random people, there would need to be some sort of interview process, which I have no problem giving Sebi info about myself to prove I am not trying to be malicious. I would be glad to share certain things with you guys.

I was just trying to find ways to maybe improve the community and help mitigate the potential scammers.

Helios52 wrote:

I was (still am?) part of the Mod-Team that handled the BTRs before the change to current system that happened sometime ago. The problem with having free Mods was the power that could be given to us. My power (in general) is limited  to really just closing and locking threads. This is no fault of Sebi or Deckbox because how much power can you expect give to a volunteer who could have access to personal or finanicial information about hundreds of other users? That's a security flaw and liability that Deckbox doesnt need to worry about.  More power to do things like lock accounts and ban people would require people who need to work for Deckbox in some capacity in order to cover that. I agree that Sebi does great work and could use some more help but its not as cut an dry as people would like it to be.

I don't think these mods need to be given access to people's financial information and stuff, just make it so they review new accounts for any red flags such as addresses matching scammers

traceurling wrote:

I don't think these mods need to be given access to people's financial information and stuff, just make it so they review new accounts for any red flags such as addresses matching scammers

Im not saying they should be, but without knowing the architecture of how the site runs with the accounts, it might not be possible to seperate that out. I never had that kind of access myself, nor did I want it but, its more of a matter that kind of power being given without it.

Guys, nearly half of my "Interesting cards for trade" stream is filled with traders who have given each other feedback within minutes of each other - just as an FYI, look at recent feedback newer accounts have received to make sure they aren't related to this mess ~

I reported the one with the most feedback so that the accounts that left feedback can be investigated as well ~

Last edited by perfectchaos007 (2016-04-13 21:55:19)

Ugh he's back again?
I've been trying to warn people who confirm trades with accounts showing sketchy behavior, this is getting ridiculous now