- assure Le&Le Games gets back the Advanced Store level*

Logistics
Date: 23 April
Doors open: 12:30
Starting time: 13:00
End event: 18:00 (latest)

Participation fee
FREE!
Why? At this event we aim to have at least 16 new players participating. We do not want to scare anyone off with an entry fee.

Prizes
Surprise! Supported by Le&Le Games.

Format
Two Headed Giant - Peasant Standard
- Only Commons and Uncommons
- 60 cards deck
- Cards from the sets DTK, ORI, BFZ, OGW and SOI only.
- No sideboard needed, as we play only 1 game per match.

New Players
The goal is that every 'regular' player brings 1 New player as team mate. The new player should have never played at a Magic event before. The regular player builds/brings 2 decks with the cards owned. (Ask for help if this is an issue!)
The New players will need to create a DCI Number. It's recommended to do this before the event, because 16 registrations on our 1 slow laptop will take about 2 hours. So ask and help your friend to create one, make sure you execute all steps below:
- Go to accounts.wizards.com
- Complete the form, click Next then click Done.
- Open your Email, click on the confirmation link
- Complete your personal details *especially name!
- Write down your DCI number visible on the right

* as Advanced store we will receive 10 FNM promo's per week instead of 5; we can have 2 Gamedays instead of 1; more pre-release and release events; we can organize GP Trials, MKM Qualified events, PPTQ's and WMCQ's so you dont have to travel far all the time for awesome competitiveness; and the store receives additional products of released special sets which help eventually all together to sustain the club where we all enjoy to gather and play!

Last edited by rado (2016-03-28 18:02:34)

Re: 32 Headed Giant Event

Confirmed Participants

2. Herman +1

Last edited by rado (2016-03-16 07:52:14)

My suggestion if you want to introduce Magic to new players is to pick a location that is not the club (universities come to mind, but you can do it anywhere where you would expect a lot of people - big shopping centers for instance) and hold a Demo day. Anyone who is interested, show them how the game is played, give them a beginner's deck, give out a DCI number and enroll them in a Magic league event. For people who are new to Magic, 2HG may not be the best way to introduce Magic, because it has additional rules. I spoke to a WPN representative here in UK, and it's a perfectly legit way of reporting Magic activity.

Just my $0.02 smile

Edit: if you have DCI cards, yhou can hand those out and use those numbers to enter the players in the event, and it will be valid even if they don't activate the DCI number later.

Last edited by fistyke (2016-03-16 12:49:27)

http://pwp.wizards.com/8213665292/Scorecards/Landscape.png

Thank you Istvan.

http://pwp.wizards.com/8213665314/Scorecards/Landscape.png

Thanks for your valued input Istvan! Its definitely a good idea to organize a demo day at a mall or school (i vote both). I'll discuss with Lehel what possibilities there are. For example a combined promotional event for Le&Le Games.

This specific event is kinda two plans combined: Getting new players and have our regular 'fun event' at the same time. Win-win smile After talking with some of the players it seems like a good opportunity to have that friend you always tell about the game and listens interested, finally pulled into the fun.