Topic: why is a revised taiga 92 dollars on here?

It sells NM for 60 whys is it 92 0n here?

Re: why is a revised taiga 92 dollars on here?

Good question, I had just agreed to trade mine off last night for 60 something.

Some days the prices go a little crazy. Click on the card to go to TCGplayer and you'll see the actual price.

My sensei's tops today read 18 dollars when TCGplayer actually says 14

If you're talking about average price, that's because someone probably forgot some decimal places while posting cards for sale on TCGplayer.com. This is also why I like TCGLow prices, they're more stable.

Profile | Tradelist | Wishlist
I'll sometimes trade things in my Inventory. It doesn't hurt to ask.

Looks like Sylvan Library spiked as well. Says $16, wasn't it $11 or $12 the other day?

There's a Plateau for $1,000. That's going to skew the average. I was hoping there was a run on Plateaus. Could be an Alpha mistakenly listed as Revised but with the right price.

Last edited by flaminbagofpoop (2012-08-02 21:08:49)

flaminbagofpoop wrote:

Looks like Sylvan Library spiked as well. Says $16, wasn't it $11 or $12 the other day?

When in doubt, SCG.

My Soul Ring jumped to over $20 lol.

Some price bug in the site. counterspell is not 3 dollars, animate dead is not 3 dollars, lightning bolt is nowhere near 3 dollars. Something odd happened

Demonic Tutor is off, Birds of Paradise jumped, duals jumped, lots of random old stuff jumped in price for really no reason, when you click through to them they are showing the correct price on TCG, it's whatever API that's pulling that's gone goofy methinks.

What this means though is check your prices on trades for a bit or you might either get a great deal and screw someone, or be the one screwed, lol.

Anyone know if the pricing algorithm drops the highest and lowest prices?  What about the inflation due to foil cards?

Profile     Tradelist     Wishlist

TheWorldHatesPaul wrote:

Anyone know if the pricing algorithm drops the highest and lowest prices?  What about the inflation due to foil cards?

I'm pretty sure that it keeps all non-foil prices and averages those. I don't know why they didn't program it to throw out outliers and recalculate.

also says Sol Ring's for $22?
every shop i've seen it goes for below $10, usually $6 or $8

Yea my chrome add-on is broke too.  Somethings up with the API for the TCGPlayer site.

TCG Pricing uses only Lightly Played or better conditions. It also doesn't use foiled cards when pricing. It's mid price is also average price for all cards on sale, not median as some people believe, which is yet again why I like TCG Low prices when trading.

Profile | Tradelist | Wishlist
I'll sometimes trade things in my Inventory. It doesn't hurt to ask.

I really dislike tcg low prices. I tolerate when people trade with me using them, but it makes no sense to me. It is not a real measure of what a card is worth. Technically sure, I could purchase every card in a trade from the lowest site selling them, ut its unrealistic because I would be paying 2.50 shipping on every card sent to me. SCG or TCG mid prices are at leat fairly consistant because you could get all the cards from the same dealer for neglibible shipping. Plus, I always trade for people's cards at scg prices, so I feel weird trading my stuff away at lows. Just ma 2 cents.