Topic: Keeping two inventories

Is it possible to keep two inventories, one for MTG and one for MTGO?

Re: Keeping two inventories

MTGO isn't supported. At least not yet. I don't know if Sebi has any plans to add support for it.

Of course, if all your MTGO cards have paper Magic equivalents, then you could always juat create an inventory simply for personal tracking purposes. Unfortunately, since MTGO isn't actually supported, you obviously wouldn't be able to list any of the cards for trade, and won't be able to get accurate pricing info.

The other limitation is that Deckbox doesn't support multiple, distinct inventories under one account. You would have to create a separate account for each inventory.... which is frowned upon, since a person could conceivably abuse it to boost their trade score by "completing" trades with themselves.

But in any case, it IS partially possible, depending on what your needs are.

Multiple inventories, or a way to tag objects to be in a specific container would be a great feature. Currently putting those objects in 'decks' to track which binder or box they are in kind of works, but is far from ideal.

I do agree. As a long time user I would love to be able to tag cards as MTGO so I can keep track of those cards and decks separately.

For me it's more about locating the card. Large collections are broken up into binders and boxes. The inventory feature is cool, but I still need to worry about it's physical location. Great, so I know that I own a 9th edition Greater Good, but now I have to go find it.

The ideal solution for me is making it so that deck ideas pull cards from anywhere in your collection, so you know it *can* be built, but a built deck has specific cards in it. This way when I use the program, it could tell me which built deck the card is in. I could easily just call my boxes and binders large 'built decks' and get exactly what I want. When I click on Greater Good details it would tell me what built sets they are in. I'd know my foil copy of 9th edition Greater Good is in my Selvala EDH deck, and my regular one is in my EDH trade binder.

For database purposes it's probably best if you could label which sets were decks and which were not.

I use decks for this purpose, and have a naming convention to signify whether a "deck" is a binder/box, or even a built deck that's stored somewhere in particular. My main 'collection' box is too big to realistically be used for this (the site would crash trying to load it), but everything else is small enough to be modifiable when I add/remove cards. If there isn't a signifier for a card I have, then I know it's in the main box.

These sub-collections aren't searchable, but as a way to find where individual cards are, it works well enough for me.