Topic: Modular Proliferation

There may be similar decks out there, but I built this deck entirely on my own after my Power Conduits caught my eye during perusal of my collection. It was hard to narrow the deck down to 60 cards because there are just so many cards that work well with the theme and mechanics. This is evident when you look at the scratch pad.

This Legacy deck is all about generating charge and +1/+1 counters and pushing them all over the place. You can play the Everflowing Chalices and Astral Cornucopias for 0 mana and load them up with charge counters via your Surge Nodes, Energy Chambers, Contagion Clasps, Power Conduits, and Coretappers to rapidly ramp your mana. The mana ramp via the artifacts is so significant that you can effectively play an entire game with only 2 lands on the board (hence my decision to only include 20 lands in the deck.)

With your surplus of mana, you can start putting all of your modular creatures out and pumping them up with the Power Conduits, Contagion Clasps, and Energy Chambers. Unwinding Clock will allow you to pump via the Power Conduit and other tap-able artifacts during your opponents' turns. You'll have mana during their turns too because all of your lands are artifact lands* and will untap as well. And then you can hit the Lux Cannon to clear the path to victory.

This is such a fun deck to play. There are so many possibilities built into it that it is a busy deck to play. Your will have so much to do during your turn and a lot of bookkeeping. This is definitely not a deck you want to play after you've had a few beers.

https://deckbox.org/sets/1598128
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
* I know that artifact lands have been banned in many formats due to their tendency to make affinity over-powered. However, because I have no affinity in this deck, I don't feel badly about using them.

Re: Modular Proliferation

Magistrate's Scepter and charge counter/proliferate shenanigans are BFFs. Also, as you have colored mana sources in the artifact lands, Etched Oracle seems pretty saucy.

Turning charge counters into Time Walks and Ancestral Recalls seems alright.

v0rac10u5 wrote:

Magistrate's Scepter and charge counter/proliferate shenanigans are BFFs. Also, as you have colored mana sources in the artifact lands, Etched Oracle seems pretty saucy.

Turning charge counters into Time Walks and Ancestral Recalls seems alright.

Those are awesome cards! Thanks!

Thrummingbird and Skyship Plunderer could be options.

Kammikaze wrote:

Thrummingbird and Skyship Plunderer could be options.

I had Thrummingbird in my scratchpad, but I had not considered Skyship Plunderer. I like it. Thanks!