Topic: Planeswalker guide to Alara Misprint

Hi, so this is my first topic here, and I'm looking for information on a MTG book I just bought.

The book in question is
A Planeswalker Guide to Alara, by Doug Beyer and Jenna Helland. I found it new in a shop close to my home and bought it without knowing what it was, just because the cover looked interesting. Once home, I realized that the cover was misprinted. A golden border is placed normally on the cover, around the picture and the MTG logo. Mine, obviously, was misprinted, as it covers the MTG logo, seemingly printed a few millimeters too low.

I then went online and saw that some copies of this book would sell well beyond a hundred bucks. Astonished, I started looking around for information on the book I just bought. My researches are not quite fruitful for now. Would anyone have ideas of where I could inquire about such a find?

Here's a link to an amazon seller for the same book I found, correctly printed.
https://www.amazon.ca/Planeswalkers-Gui … 0786951249

Also picture of said book.

Last edited by Hellbahamut (2017-02-09 19:52:35)

Post's attachments

20170209_145125.jpg 1.46 mb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Re: Planeswalker guide to Alara Misprint

I actually have the same book. My mom got it for me for my birthday a few years back, since Alara is my favorite plane, and I noticed a couple things:
1) The golden areas on mine are fine, apart from the fact that it has started to be able to be scratched, taking a bit off of the gold part.
2) It's not quite a hundred bucks from where my mom got it, wherever that is, since we couldn't afford a hundred bucks for just 1 book at the time.
That's a pretty interesting misprint, since mine didn't get misprinted, apart from the removable gold paint. Anyways, it's a really good read.