Topic: Roll Call! Sound off!

Greetings fellow tightwads!  Thanks for joining the Dollar General community group.  Please take a moment to introduce yourself.  You can tell us why you joined, what your favorite colors are, or even what you plan to do with all the money you saved by switching to Geic.. er Dollar General. big_smile.

My name is Brian.  I joined (as in started) Dollar General because my son goes to LTU and I can't afford to play competitive decks.  Truthfully, I like the challenge of making the chump cards work for me and it seems the EDH/Commander format is specially suited for this.  It's an experiment.  I've always built on a budget, but this will be the first time it was with a per-card restriction.  I hope that everyone has fun, and am looking forward to see where it goes.

Re: Roll Call! Sound off!

My name is Alex, I am an poor college student who loves Magic: the Gathering. As a college student I greatly appreciate a Commander format where you can build a deck for less than it costs to purchase a reconstructed one from the store.

I believe the best part about the format is that synergy becomes so much more important once you cannot afford the most dangerous or powerful "bombs" in the format. Taking a bunch of cards that are either printed into oblivion or are disregarded as mediocre and creating a usable, if not powerful deck feels fantastic.

I look forward to testing my Dollar General with all of you.

Re: Roll Call! Sound off!

I am Ryan, I know Alex, I haven't been playing Magic for a full year yet but i like building decks around specific game mechanics. I can use this to build different style decks than what i have before and try new things in a reasonable price range. I look forward to this and more nonsense to come.