Topic: Mana

In Dollar General the best of the best ramp and mana rocks are outside out price range, most notably Kodama's Reach and Sol Ring. Never fear, there are plenty of options that are highly reliable and will give you that edge you need to outpace your opponents. This is simply a list of what I believe to be good ramp spells and rocks, if you notice any that I missed, go ahead and add it to the discussion below. I tried giving a brief description of each spell, I hope that doesn't add to the confusion. Please enjoy the list, and by all means, fill in any blanks that you think are worth while in Dollar General!

GREEN:
1. Rampant Growth 1G, Basic
2. Farseek 1G, Non-Forest Basic
3. Nature's Lore 1G, Forest, untapped, $.99 Warning
4. Harrow 2G, sac a Land, 2 Basic Lands, untapped
5. Explosive Vegetation 3G, 2 Basic Lands
6. Ranger's Path 3G, 2 Forests
7. Search for Tomorrow 2G, Suspend-2 G, Basic land, untapped
8. Sakura-Tribe Elder 1G, Creature, sac: basic land
9. Farhaven Elf 2G, Creature, basic land
10. Wood Elves 2G, Creature, Forest, untapped
11. Yavimya Elder 1GG, Creature, two Basic Lands to hand, 2 sac: draw, $1.00 WARNING
12. Primal Growth 2G, Kicker-sac a creature, Basic land, Kicked 2 basic lands, untapped for either
13. Far Wanderings 2G, Basic Land, Threshold 3 basic lands
14. Journey of Discovery 2G, Entwine 2G, Pick one (unless Entwined): 2 basic lands to hand, 2 additional lands per turn.

ARTIFACTS:
1. Mindstone 2, colorless
2. Star Compass 2, any color your basics can produce
3. Prismatic lens 2, colorless, filter
3. Fellwar stone 2, any color your opponents can produce
5. Darksteel Ingot 3, any color
6. Command Sphere 3, any color of your commander's color identity
7. Worn Powerstone 3, 2 colorless
8. Unstable Obelisk 3, colorless
9. Everflowing Chalice 0, Kicker 2, colorless for each charge counter
10. Wayfarer's Bauble 1, 2 sac: basic land
11. Armillary Sphere 2, 2 sac: 2 basic lands to hand
12. Pilgrim's Eye 3, basic land to hand
13. Burnished Hart 3, 3 sac: 2 basics
14. Charcoal Diamond 2, Black
15. Fire Diamond 2, Red
16. Marble Diamond 2, White
17. Moss Diamond 2, Green
18. Sky Diamond 2, Blue

Re: Mana

Blighted Woodland is a land that comes into play untapped and can tap for 1 colorless. It also has pay 1 green and 2 colorless and sacrifice Blighted Woodland: Search your library for up to two basic land cards and put them onto the battlefield tapped. Then shuffle your library.

Post's attachments

blighted.jpg 24.75 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Re: Mana

Blighted Woodland is a good way to color fix, but I had a focus on early game for most of my spells. You need 4 mana and an untapped Blighted to be able to use it, so it is better for a little later in the game.

I am sure there are more spells I have missed as well but I ran out of steam while compiling the list. big_smile