Topic: Inventory svc upload.

Hi I am new to the site and I am trying to upload an CSV file I made with TCGplayer app.

When I try to upload the file I get this message: Error: The header of the csv file is not correct. Please check that the columns in your file contain at the minimum Count and Name. Unrecognized colums: 1,Phyrexian Defiler,Phyrexian Defiler,Urza's Legacy,60,ULG,Normal,Near Mint,English,Uncommon,6359,19855.

I have attached my csv file to this post. Do I need to change the export options in TCGplayer to have fewer column options in it or what?

I have a few of these csv files made and hope there is a "non" manual fix smile

Last edited by KoGoO (2018-03-05 19:06:56)

Post's attachments

ClassicBlack.csv 8.38 kb, 32 downloads since 2018-03-05 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Re: Inventory svc upload.

Good day!

The issue is that the CSV file imported into Deckbox needs to have a header row, which tells Deckbox what each column contains. The TCGPlayer CSV has no header row, and just starts with the first card. You need to open the file in Excel (or a similar spreadsheet program) to edit it.

I've converted the CSV you attached and have done a test import to make sure it went smoothly. However, here's some notes in case you have others like this one:

• The first column is how many of that specific printing of the card you have, and needs to be labeled "Count".

• The next two columns both have card names in them. I'm not sure why there's two. My bet is that one of the columns (probably the first) is for the English name, while the other would be for the localized card name. All yours are English, so can't be sure. You would need to delete one of the columns, and label the other one with "Name".

• Fourth column needs to be labeled "Edition" (you don't necessarily have to have this column, but if you didn't include it, all of them would be imported with no edition set).

• Fifth column appears to be "Card Number". NOTE: TCGPlayer uses different card numbers for older sets. This won't affect import, except in the case of alternate versions of the card within the same set. See final note below.

• Sixth column is the 3-letter code for the edition and isn't used by Deckbox. Deleted.

• Not sure on the seventh column, but I'm betting this is for indicating foil / nonfoil. Your list doesn't appear to include foil cards. If you have any foil cards, you would need to label this column "Foil", then delete "Normal" from all the non-foils, and make sure just "foil" is in the column for foils (TCGPlayer might use the official term "premium"; change it to "foil").

• Eighth and ninth columns are "Condition" and "Language", respectively. Like with "Edition", you don't have to have these columns, but if you don't, then your cards will lack a condition or language icon (but I think the pricing will be based on Near Mint, and the language defaults to English).

• Deleted the rest of the columns. Not sure what those numbers in the final two columns are.

You'll also have to be careful with alternate arts within the same sense, like with your Alliances cards. TCGPlayer adds an extra descriptor to the card name (like "red armor") which will throw an error if it isn't removed. But that means you'll have to check to Deckbox versions of the card to make sure the correct one is selected. IMPORTANTLY, Deckbox uses different card numbers than does TCGPlayer (like TCG had Lim-Dul's High Guard as 55a and 55b, but Deckbox uses 17 and 18; your Stench of Decay is 61b on TCG, but 28 on Deckbox). If you don't carefully correct these cards, Deckbox will display the wrong art, and will also incorrectly group the cards.

Post's attachments

ClassicBlack with header.csv 4.56 kb, 111 downloads since 2018-03-07 

Hi meldon44

Thank you very much for the help, I will try and fix the files with this guide.

Might use your attached file as a standard.

I have looked into my other files and found that I had removed the header in my uploaded file. The original default headers were as follow:
Quantity,Name,Simple Name,Set,Card Number,Set Code,Printing,Condition,Language,Rarity,Product ID,SKU

Again, thank you for the help.

Kind regards
KoGoO

Last edited by KoGoO (2018-03-07 10:57:08)

Hello again.

I have tried to edit one of the other files I had.

Now I get this error, I have looked at your file and my new file in notepad and they look the same? I did remove the foil column though.

Error: The header of the csv file is not correct. Please check that the columns in your file contain at the minimum Count and Name. Unrecognized columns: Count.

Last edited by KoGoO (2018-03-07 11:51:56)

Post's attachments

Black test no10.csv 3.21 kb, 8 downloads since 2018-03-07 

I'm honestly not 100% sure what caused the second problem. I think it has something to do with the character encoding used when saving the file.... but don't quote me on that.  wink

You have to be careful with what program you use to edit it. I had a lot of issues early on due to this.

I was able to open it in Excel and Save As... to a new CSV file, which imported fine (attached).

I thought that maybe Notepad was the issue, so I opened the new CSV file I'd created in Notepad, and did a Save As from Notepad, but that also seemed to upload fine (I left character encoding at ANSI; I did not test the other encodings). So I wasn't able to replicate what caused your error.

In any case, whether you use Excel or Notepad, try to Save As... a new version if you get this error again, and it should work.

Post's attachments

Black test no10 fixed.csv 3.2 kb, 13 downloads since 2018-03-08 

oK, so my curiosity got the better of me, and I actually created multiple versions with all the available Notepad character encodings, and attempted to import them all. That was indeed the issue, with the results as follows:

UTF-8 is what produced your error

Unicode and Unicode Big Endian both produced a different error, stating that it needed to be a plain text CSV file.

Therefore, the only encoding that works (at least of the 4 in Notepad) is ANSI.

Hi again meldon44.

Thank you very much for taking a second look at the file. I hope this will resolve any issues that I might have.

The great upload will begin soon tm. big_smile