Topic: W: 4 piracy

Not condition or set specific. Need possibly soon

Re: W: 4 piracy

While I unfortunately do not have a Piracy to offer you in trade, I am very curious as to the uses of this card. The only halfway decent application I can think of is in 2 Headed Giant, you're getting something like Assist on all of your subsequent spells that turn.

Otherwise, isn't it true that your opponent/s can simply tap out their lands in response to the spell? I suppose from there you have the upside that you can switch phases, causing their mana pool to empty and then have free reign to cast spells, knowing they're out of mana? Seems like a stretch to me, lol. The card needs split second or the return of mana burn to be good. So, what ARE you doing with it??

carnophage888 wrote:

The card needs split second

You can activate mana abilities through split second.

Turnabout seems like a good include with it though. Or some way to untap all lands. Since as long as it is your turn, if turnabout resolves, you'll have priority to tap their lands first and they can't respond to it since it doesn't use the stack.

Anyway, to OP, good luck finding them and with whatever you're working on.

Ah yes, you are correct! So not even split second helps this card, heh.. Good point in regards to Turnabout's effect as well. That's a cool interaction especially since having priority on your turn allows you to actually get access to their mana.

I like making decks using either Oddball mechanics or unique cards like piracy. And I want to work with this card along with another card.

ShadowStrike14 wrote:

And I want to work with this card along with another card.

Don't leave me hanging! What card??

Looking at blue green with city of solitude.
Prevent them from countering or tapping their mana out.

Edit: Hm. Husband does not think it will stop them from tapping out. Gonna have to look anc see if this works.

Price of Glory seems like a good card.

Last edited by ShadowStrike14 (2018-08-16 04:07:45)