Topic: Decklist By Color And Cost Sorting, Etc?

Is it possible for me to sort my inventory by set, color, cost, then alphabetically? If so, how do I accomplish this? I want to group all my cards by edition, color, cost and then by name alphabetically.

If I look in Inventory, I see from left to right: checkbox, Inventory Count, Name, Avg., Details (E/R) (E/#), and then Type.

If I look in Inventory, I see from left to right: checkbox, Inventory Count, Name, Avg., Details (E/R) (E/#), and then Type.

I have tried and tried to run searches. I tried to go to Search & Filter, run a search by Name and did a search for "Does not contain" and put something completely invalid like ">" symbol, something that is never in Magic card names. I also added more filters, Color and Cost. I could not get it to sort in the manner I was expecting to. I even tried Color and Cost and then figured I could hit the Name column to sort. Again, I am under MTG COLLECTION then Inventory. I am hoping this the correct place.

Edit: I found the headers but I can only sort Cost or Color one at a time, not both. If I just go to Search & Filter, add the Color filter by itself as the only filter, Apply it, I can almost get there. While it does get me close, I just need to figure out how to sort it one more time. I just need to know how to sort Color and Cost at the same time.

Last edited by HollowProphet (2019-02-03 19:49:44)

Re: Decklist By Color And Cost Sorting, Etc?

Deckbox does not support multi-criteria sorting as you are wanting.

That said, if it weren't for Cost, you'd be fine. If you click on E/# in the header, it'll sort by collector #, which means you'll get it sorted by Edition > Color > Alphabetically.

To get closest to what you want, you'll have to filter by a specific edition and color first, then click Cost in the header to sort by that. Then you can change the Color filter to another color, apply it, and the sorting by Cost should still be in effect.

The best way to achieve the sorting you want is to go back to your spreadsheet in Excel, unfortunately.