Topic: Failed to load CSV. File from TCGPlayer.

Hello guys, i hope this is the right place to post this.
I tried to import my CSV file into deckbox and i got this message:
Error: The header of the csv file is not correct. Please check that the columns in your file contain at the minimum Count and Name. Unrecognized colums: Quantity,Simple Name,Set,Set Code,Printing,Rarity,Product ID,SKU.
My CSV File is attached.
This this a known problem?

Post's attachments

TCGplayer.csv 329.58 kb, 1 downloads since 2019-06-15 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Re: Failed to load CSV. File from TCGPlayer.

Yep, it's been a problem before! You can read a previous answer of mine helping somebody else with this same issue.

In short:

• You have to change the labels in the header row to be compatible with Deckbox (e.g. Quantity becomes Count).

• You have to remove the word "Normal" from the Foil column (originally called "Printing" in the TCGP CSV).

• You have to Find/Replace all incompatible TCGP set names to change them to Deckbox edition names.

• You have to look for anomalies like alternate art in old sets (Antiquities, Fallen Empires, Homelands, and Alliances) and other special printings.

One thing that I learned since that last post of mine is that you want to delete TCGP's "Name" column and keep its "Simple Name" column (changing its header label to just "Name"). However, before doing that, you can compare the two columns in order to find anomalies like alternate arts. Inserting a temp helper column after column C (Simple Name), then entering the formula =B2<>C2 into cell D2 and copying it down the helper column, and then filtering column D on TRUE values is the easiest way I know of to compare two columns.

Making the edition names compatible is probably one of the more time-consuming aspects. There were several in yours, including all core set names, all promo set names, and several others.

One especially weird anomaly in yours to note -- In 10th Edition, any cards with reminder text had that text omitted in their foil versions, sometimes adding flavor text. So the foils are basically alternates of those cards. However, if you look at the 10E entries in your CSV, those cards aren't marked as foils. Instead, they have a star after the collector number, like 78★ for Dehydration. So for those cards, I had to manually enter in "foil" for them. Note that Deckbox doesn't display the correct foil-specific artwork for them.

I hope the above info plus the attached Deckbox-compatible CSV (fully tested out) helps you! Let me know if you have any questions.

Post's attachments

TCGplayer - fixed.csv 181.78 kb, 8 downloads since 2019-06-15 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Hey meldon44,

thank you so much!
I can't believe you actually took the time and fixed my file, i really appreciate it.
Now i can try to fix my next csv on my own, wish me luck tongue
It looks like TCGP in general might not be the best choice when it comes to importing cards to deckbox.
Do you have any alternatives?

Again, thank you so much smile

moepossum wrote:

thank you so much!
I can't believe you actually took the time and fixed my file, i really appreciate it.

No problem! That's the sort of help I'd hope to receive if I were in that spot. Let me know if you do encounter any issues with future CSVs!

moepossum wrote:

It looks like TCGP in general might not be the best choice when it comes to importing cards to deckbox.
Do you have any alternatives?

If you're using the card scanning technology that TCGPlayer offers, then the main other one I know of is Delver Lens (mobile app). However, you have to pay in order to export a collection, and I have no idea if the resulting export would be easier or harder to convert into Deckbox than TCGP's export was.

Supposedly, Decked Builder also offers card scanning, though I've never used that service so I can't say, but if that's true and the scanning works well, then that might be your best bet, since Deckbox already offers a native feature for importing Decked Builder CSVs, so you wouldn't have to convert the file.