Topic: Sorting

I would really like a way to get sorting that correlates with how WotC sorts their sets when sorting by color.

I am thinking:
Colorless (Non Artifact)
W
U
B
R
G
Gold
Hybrid
Split (Multi Color)
Artifact (Colorless)
Land

This is how I sort my cards based on the fact that sets are sorted this way. However I can never sort my selection of cards this way because there's a different sorting technique that combines all colorless cards together (Land and Artifact), multicolor cards are combined into their color combos, and other minor changes that cause issues and make it take a lot more time to do work than I would normally expect.

Re: Sorting

reezel wrote:

I would really like a way to get sorting that correlates with how WotC sorts their sets when sorting by color.

[...]

This is how I sort my cards based on the fact that sets are sorted this way. However I can never sort my selection of cards this way because there's a different sorting technique that combines all colorless cards together (Land and Artifact), multicolor cards are combined into their color combos, and other minor changes that cause issues and make it take a lot more time to do work than I would normally expect.

Yeah, I've never found it useful to use Deckbox's Color criteria to sort my inventory online. I'm like you -- I sort my physical cards per WotC collector number.

You can mostly get Deckbox to sort this way by using the (E/#) sort criteria. However, it doesn't work for old sets that were produced prior to printed collector numbers (Stronghold and earlier). I still physically sort these early sets by modern WotC ordering, but on Deckbox, they get sorted thus:

Black
Blue
Green
Red
White
Artifact
Land *
Gold **

Re: Sorting

meldon44 wrote:

Yeah, I've never found it useful to use Deckbox's Color criteria to sort my inventory online. I'm like you -- I sort my physical cards per WotC collector number.

You can mostly get Deckbox to sort this way by using the (E/#) sort criteria. However, it doesn't work for old sets that were produced prior to printed collector numbers (Stronghold and earlier). I still physically sort these early sets by modern WotC ordering, but on Deckbox, they get sorted thus:

Black
Blue
Green
Red
White
Artifact
Land *
Gold **

I don't sort my cards by set either, which makes this even more important for me. I am looking at a list that includes multiple sets and filtered down by whatever I am currently looking at. I really feel like it should be sorting by the same style as WotC and it drives me nuts that it doesn't.