Topic: Waiting for responses?

Howdy all, new guy here.  How
long do you typically wait for a response in trade requests?  If the user has shown activity recently but hasn’t responded, how long before you cancel the request?  Seems like it’s common to take a while to get a response. 

What is the deck box standard?

Thanks!

Re: Waiting for responses?

Alright, I'll bite.

Personally, it depends. If I'm actively trying to offload a card, I'll usually see who needs it and submit multiple trade offers. If there's no dialogue within a week, and I've made a fair offer - money in/money out is equal, I'll assume there's no interest and cancel the trade.

Another scenario is if I message someone who has a card I'm looking for and I say, "see if there's anything you like in my tradelist" type thing. In this scenario, I'll wait longer because for all I know they may need some time to browse through my tradelist.

Also it's worth noting that most user on here (myself included) are far less active on the weekend. I may check it briefly and thus be indicated as "active" that day, but don't be fooled, I'm not active in the sense that I'm using the chat functions. Since mail doesn't happen on the weekends, what's the rush?

Re: Waiting for responses?

Hey I appreciate response, and all great points.  I think I have been hasty on a few and will adjust accordingly.  Many of the trades that have taken longer have been unsolicited scenario like you mentioned.  I did end up canceling a trade and a user seemed annoyed that I did so after the fact (hadn't responded at all and request was 6 days old).  I honestly didn't think he was interested and was cleaning up some open trade attempts.  I will be sure to be more patient moving forward and thanks again for your insight.