Topic: Import csv problems

First: The documentation to guide new users on how to import a csv file into Deckbox.org inventory is HORRIBLE. I spent 4+ hours searching forums and navigating various places for documentation, and I still haven´t succeeded on uploading anything. How hard can it be to add a couple of snapshots in an FAQ on how the file should look like?!

Second: My current problems is that I get this error message: "Column count doesn't match value count at row 549"

Row 549 looks like this (and I have NO idea what is wrong with it): 1,0,Terra Ravager,Dominaria
(My header on row 1 look like this: Count,Tradelist Count,Name,Edition)

Thanks for any help!

Re: Import csv problems

Necross wrote:

First: The documentation to guide new users on how to import a csv file into Deckbox.org inventory is HORRIBLE. I spent 4+ hours searching forums and navigating various places for documentation, and I still haven´t succeeded on uploading anything. How hard can it be to add a couple of snapshots in an FAQ on how the file should look like?!

I agree -- it definitely took some troubleshooting the first couple times I tried it. This is a good suggestion!

Necross wrote:

Second: My current problems is that I get this error message: "Column count doesn't match value count at row 549"

Row 549 looks like this (and I have NO idea what is wrong with it): 1,0,Terra Ravager,Dominaria
(My header on row 1 look like this: Count,Tradelist Count,Name,Edition)

That looks right to me, but keep in mind that how it displays in the program you're using to edit it versus how it actually looks in its raw form sometimes differs. Easiest way to see the latter is to open it in a basic text editor like Notepad. Sometimes the encoding it's saved in can also cause random error messages (again, like you said, all things that would be great to have documentation for!).

If you'd like, send a link to the CSV you're trying to import on something like Drive/Dropbox/etc. and I'll take a look.

meldon44 wrote:

If you'd like, send a link to the CSV you're trying to import on something like Drive/Dropbox/etc. and I'll take a look.

Thanks for this offer! Now I cleaned my browser cache, renamed the file (again!) and tried again, and now I suddenly got the very helpful service to download one csv-file with all valid lines and one csv-file with all invalid lines. Great! I still don´t know what is wrong with a bunch of them, but some are things like wrong name for splitcards etc. Anyway, that helps, so I can remove those and add those cards manually.

Thats another thing that I recommend for guiding documentation: List every "odd" card name type etc (for example splitcards, names with commans in them, etc) and how to properly phrase them to succeed uploading a csv. Would help a lot!

Again, thanks for the reply and offer to help!

Necross wrote:

Again, thanks for the reply and offer to help!

You're welcome! As you might imagine, CSV import woes come up now and then, so I'm always checking these forums to help out. If you ever have a question, post it and I'll definitely do my best to answer it if I can.  smile