Topic: Commander Legends

The full list of Commander Legends has been spoiled. Available here.

Re: Commander Legends

Is there a reason why we don’t get new sets on deckbox as soon as they’re fully spoiled?
It sucks not being able to add new cards to decks when you already know all the cards.

Especially by the time prerelease weekend rolls around. I have a stack of cards I'm waiting to import.

Probably because there's quite a bit of work involved. I don't know the time involved to get this done, but I'm pretty sure it's not a one and done type of thing.

Kronos9326 wrote:

Probably because there's quite a bit of work involved. I don't know the time involved to get this done, but I'm pretty sure it's not a one and done type of thing.

Yep. And especially these days with all the variants and crap Wizards has been pumping out. If it's overwhelming for consumers, their wallets, content creators.... I can only imagine it's a mini nightmare for website managers.

And everyone needs to remember that, unlike other websites that have teams of people, Deckbox is maintained by one guy.

That’s why I was asking. Moxfield, Archidekt, and Scryfall all have them already, which is good for them. However it’s not good for me because I live here. If it’s a resources thing, that’s one thing. If it’s a release date only philosophy thing, that’s different.

cervelo19 wrote:

Moxfield, Archidekt, and Scryfall all have them already, which is good for them.

I don't know this for sure, but I'd be willing to bet both Moxfield and Archidekt are based on Scryfall's API and data (or at least on the same MTGjson that Scryfall is based on), considering they're newer sites and MTGjson / Scryfall have kinda set the standard. So as soon as a set goes live on Scryfall, it could be quickly and easily added to those sites.

Deckbox, on the other hand, predates all those resources, and I'm sure it would entail a complete database overhaul in order to easily integrate Scryfall data.

Again, I could be completely wrong, but it would make sense.

cervelo19 wrote:

If it’s a resources thing, that’s one thing. If it’s a release date only philosophy thing, that’s different.

I agree. Definitely a resource issue. We get some sets nice and early, well before prerelease, and then there's been the few that have been delayed till after release.

I wish Deckbox would try some form of crowd-sourced data like TappedOut uses, but I get the impression Sebi doesn't want to take that approach, considering members have offered to help in various ways in the past and he doesn't seem to take them up on it. The whole one-man-operation issue might be a little bit self-inflicted....

There's definitely an element of set size in the delay here. I know the apps I use on my phone for rules and trade tracking don't yet have the set listed either.

Red Wildrider YouTube channel - box openings, Commander deck tech, and more!

meldon44 wrote:

I wish Deckbox would try some form of crowd-sourced data like TappedOut uses, but I get the impression Sebi doesn't want to take that approach, considering members have offered to help in various ways in the past and he doesn't seem to take them up on it. The whole one-man-operation issue might be a little bit self-inflicted....

TO's user-generated card lists get super janky, especially for reprint sets. It may be that because TO is focused on building decks rather than trading, the particular printing isn't as important, but I've often found that reprinted cards in sets like this just get forgotten

dude1818 wrote:

TO's user-generated card lists get super janky, especially for reprint sets. It may be that because TO is focused on building decks rather than trading, the particular printing isn't as important, but I've often found that reprinted cards in sets like this just get forgotten

True, I'm not a fan of T/O's inventory management. It lacks basic things like being able to view specific printings of a card on a card's detail page (and even the ability to view all editions, like if you want to see the different artwork, is rather difficult to find). I was speaking more for the general concept of crowdsourced data than for T/O's specific implementation.  smile  In fact, there's a LOT I would change / improve about T/O....