Topic: Is there a way to filter by Quantity Owned?

I just want to make sure I'm not missing something obvious.  I'd like to filter my inventory to all cards where I own more than 4 copies of that card, but there doesn't seem to be a Qty filter.

Re: Is there a way to filter by Quantity Owned?

guslandt wrote:

I just want to make sure I'm not missing something obvious.  I'd like to filter my inventory to all cards where I own more than 4 copies of that card, but there doesn't seem to be a Qty filter.

Hello,

You cannot filter, but you can sort by quantity  owned, and browse from top number upto the ones that you have 3 of smile

Hello,

I have two different cases here for a "filter/order by quantity" that don't seem to be handled by Deckbox at the moment:
- when I take a look at the page of a specific edition, I would like to be able to order by quantity owned *of that printing* and not of the total owned
- when I look at my inventory, I filter for instance on the name of a card or a specific language and I would like to be able to merge by edition or name without taking the condition into account. At the moment, if I have 2 NM in English, 1 EX in French and 1 NM in Japanese, I have 3 lines for the same card and that makes things more complicated

There are other cases, but these two are the two I come across the most.

Thanks!

ack wrote:

- when I look at my inventory, I filter for instance on the name of a card or a specific language and I would like to be able to merge by edition or name without taking the condition into account. At the moment, if I have 2 NM in English, 1 EX in French and 1 NM in Japanese, I have 3 lines for the same card and that makes things more complicated

So first off, I 100% agree that visually grouping / splitting (and by visually, I mean including totaling) based on various criteria would be an amazing native Deckbox feature. I'm going to present a solution below, for those times you REALLY need to get this done, but I acknowledge it's hardly ideal and should be native to the platform.

That said, I wrote a solution to a similar problem a couple years ago. He had a different use case, but the same technique will work in your case. If you find yourself needing to know these kinds of stats often, might be worth the hassle.

Hello,
My second case is to understand what cards are missing to create playsets (this is why I don't care about condition/language or any other criteria).
Interestingly, I am already using the export feature to perform that and then using some command-line utilities to quickly get what I need. I was indeed referencing a native solution here that would be really awesome!

Thanks for you link by the way