Topic: In Inventory / In Deck?

I am guessing this feature doesn't exist, but I am turning up stuff I didn't know existed all the time.  smile

I know if you go to an individual card page it shows you what decks you have it in.  Is there a way from inside a deck to show you that same info?  It doesn't have to show you the deck it's in, but at least a count.  So I build a new deck, inventory says yeah you have 40 of these cards already.  It would be cool to know if any of them are already in decks without clicking on each one. 

Maybe this is it below?
I do see a column called deck count.  There is a zero next to all cards though.  Hovering over it says this:
"How many cards you need in all your built decks (The maximum count - it assumes you are willing to use the same card in multiple decks. (You can change this in your settings)).

Where is this setting?  I do not see it in Edit Profile / Settings.  If I can get this changed, that might be what I need.

Thanks all!

Re: In Inventory / In Deck?

Anyone?  Anyone?  smile

Hello,

Looks like your decks are marked as "deck idea", which is the default setting, (first dropdown top left on the deck page, under the deck title).

When marked as "built", the counts are calculated, and matched more strictly to your inventory.

sebi wrote:

Hello,

Looks like your decks are marked as "deck idea", which is the default setting, (first dropdown top left on the deck page, under the deck title).

When marked as "built", the counts are calculated, and matched more strictly to your inventory.

Awesome, thank you!

Hmm after looking at it and changing it to as built, it didn't alter that column for most cards in the deck, it's still a 0 there.    If I go down to the lands, I do see it showing me if I am missing a land completely then that column has a 1 in it and it says you don't have enough to build for this deck.
The only thing it seemed to change is now in the inventory column it says 0/1 or 0/2 etc.  I would think for example if I had Arid Mesa in 4 decks and I owned 3 of them it would somehow show that or if I had 5 it would show that as well.  Maybe I am just not understanding what it's supposed to do.

This stuff is indeed quite confusing, as the "detailed" card info was not designed into deckbox at start, I added it later, and then even way later I added the "detailed cards" support to decks in the form of "built decks". It's a bit clunky, and it confuses me too sometimes, even if I wrote the damn thing. At some point I need to clean this whole UI and interaction.

For deckbox to try to match your decks to your inventory 2 things have to be checked actually:
- the "is built" flag, which signifies that you actually intend to use this deck and either have or want the cards (as opposed to just some idea for a deck, or a deck that is actually a listing of some other types of cards, or as a reminder of something you once played, or a friend's deck etc etc)
- the "Edition/Price Match" dropdown in the deck, where you can leave it on default which does not try to guess any card details at all, or "my inventory" which will try to match the cards in your inventory to the ones in the deck

Finally, if this detection does not work, the only way you can get it to specifically set printings/language/condition/flags to cards on decks is to manually and explicitly set this information in the deck listing on each card via the dropdown in the "edition" column.

sebi wrote:

This stuff is indeed quite confusing, as the "detailed" card info was not designed into deckbox at start, I added it later, and then even way later I added the "detailed cards" support to decks in the form of "built decks". It's a bit clunky, and it confuses me too sometimes, even if I wrote the damn thing. At some point I need to clean this whole UI and interaction.

For deckbox to try to match your decks to your inventory 2 things have to be checked actually:
- the "is built" flag, which signifies that you actually intend to use this deck and either have or want the cards (as opposed to just some idea for a deck, or a deck that is actually a listing of some other types of cards, or as a reminder of something you once played, or a friend's deck etc etc)
- the "Edition/Price Match" dropdown in the deck, where you can leave it on default which does not try to guess any card details at all, or "my inventory" which will try to match the cards in your inventory to the ones in the deck

Finally, if this detection does not work, the only way you can get it to specifically set printings/language/condition/flags to cards on decks is to manually and explicitly set this information in the deck listing on each card via the dropdown in the "edition" column.

I will wait for a re-write whenever you might get around to it then.  smile  Thanks for your time!

Jankomatic wrote:

I will wait for a re-write whenever you might get around to it then.  smile  Thanks for your time!

But until then, select "My Inventory" in the "Edition/Price match" dropdown though smile. (Second column, third row at the top of the deck options)