Topic: Cardsphere Refugees group

https://deckbox.org/communities/cardsphere_refugees

Welcoming old pucatraders. Trying to keep things active

Re: Cardsphere Refugees group

Another site bites the dust.

Before cashing out and my final sign off from Cardsphere, I got the full-court press from someone trying to sell me on "CardTrader."

Anyone know anything about it?  I bring this up because Deckbox also announced it's getting rid of its Marketplace soon.

Card trader seems like a pretty shweet alternative to TCGplayer, it's got an asychronous shipping option where you just ship them directly all your orders for the week and they pay for the shipping to all your buyers.

Where did deckbox announce that about thier marketplace? I missed it

Last edited by Shoe (2023-09-13 03:28:51)

Lawl.  I guess Cardsphere isn't shutting down after all.

https://blog.cardsphere.com/cardsphere-is-not-closing/

This is kind of frustrating to read after all the talk days after the closing announcement about how they wouldn't be selling to someone else, or that they'd need the right circumstances, etc.  Why not just handle a sale behind the scenes, unless the desperation "we're closing" was meant to boost interest from a buyer.

I wonder how many users they've lost as a result of this.  I'm very reluctant to return after emptying my account and clearing Haves given all the messaging about the shutdown being real.

So dumb.

They were probably approached after they made the public announcement, hence the takesie-backsies. I'd hope that has a negative effect on their value

Anyone back using Cardsphere after its return from the brink of the abyss?

LewtHoar wrote:

Anyone back using Cardsphere after its return from the brink of the abyss?

Yeah, I went back as soon as i heard they were bought by arkidekt/edhrec its been business as usual mostly

I've slowly been getting back on the platform and doing some sending.  However, I'm noticing a pretty significant drop in the offer % from a lot of people.  I remember seeing some comments in the Discord channel about them collecting tax on packages now, or will be soon.  Is this true, and does that probably explain the % drop in offers?

They hired a tax lawyer to try and avoid it. It hasn't happened yet, but it's also not totally off the table from what i heard

I had three outgoing packages go missing in december. They don't offer insurance (even though they charge trade fees), so I'm feeling kind of burnt

Yeah, that kinda sucks, but it's really more of a post office issue. The post office mega sucks these days

Yeah, that kinda sucks, but it's really more of a post office issue. The post office mega sucks these days

Shoe wrote:

Definitely feels that way.  I've had a lot of antsy, semi-impatient people lately; more than I think I've ever had at one time.

I have been back on CS after a one year break (had a one year break in general) and so far it feels quite good! But nothing has arrived to far so I am not really into business as usual to generally rate the experience