Topic: Just a thought

Here's a deck I just came up with, I've been thinking about creatureless flaming vengeance for a little while now, and this is what I've come up with so far

http://deckbox.org/sets/229789

The idea is just to keep blowing up the board until my flaming vengeance is up and running at full capacity, I have the Memory's Journeys in there so I can reuse everything without flashback, including lands if need be, I know that this deck would probably be better with some creatures in it, (Delvers) but I want to make a decent creatureless deck for standard to mess around with. Thoughts? I've had issues with think twice because it is too expensive to pick up one card and it doesn't put anything into the graveyard so it's not sustainable

Re: Just a thought

With 4x Ponder and zero creature defense, I'd also say to throw in Devastation Tide.  Seems like an interesting proposition[mtg][/mtg].  I'd just be hesitant without at least 4x Fog Bank to cover your backside.

Re: Just a thought

TyWooOneTime wrote:

With 4x Ponder and zero creature defense, I'd also say to throw in Devastation Tide.  Seems like an interesting proposition[mtg][/mtg].  I'd just be hesitant without at least 4x Fog Bank to cover your backside.

I've thought about Devastation tide, but it will scoop up my Burning Vengeance as well as everything else which can be an issue for me but you might be right, I love fog bank but the idea isn't to be the best deck possible, just fun so no creatures are allowed, plus I'd just be blowing them up all the time, lol I'll def test it out with tides tho, as I can see the immense value in more wipes as any creatures will blow me away, should I have more spot removal as well (Oblivion Ring or something like it?) Especially since I don't have any planeswalker defense and Should I include Jaces in my deck since he'd draw me cards along with milling and give  my opponent something else to kill, thus buying me more time?

One other thing I like about the deck is that it's pretty much set for rotation, aside from ponder which will probably turn into thought scours and DOJ will turn into the new azorious board wipe