Re: iDeckbox - an unofficial Deckbox iPhone app

No issue with the internet connection, as I said, I could do anything else on the phone.  The network was fine.  I was unable to connect to deckbox the day before yesterday, yesterday, and this morning, while everything else worked fine.  I just tried again, on a whim, and it connected.  I'm thinking there was a problem either out in cyberspace somewhere, or with deckbox.  Either way, it's working now.

I kinda figured that was why there was no password, but also wanted to make sure that there wasn't supposed to be one.

I appreciate the reply!

The only thing that's missing on this app it's the decklist! It would be considerable more useful then it already is!

I'll be asking for passwords when the site stops being read only. For now we wait for an API.

http://ajfek.pl/mlc-banner.gif
^^ Help me spread the good news! big_smile

sebi, please give us an API for decks, so I can make a utility to export decks to octgn format. I prefer building decks in deckbox since it shows me what I own and need, then I create it manually in octgn to do some testing with my friend over the internet.

My username is 'Leinad_S', but iDeckbox will only accept 'leinad_s' ,  i suspect the user reporting not being able to login earlier might have had the same issue.

Leinad_S wrote:

My username is 'Leinad_S', but iDeckbox will only accept 'leinad_s' ,  i suspect the user reporting not being able to login earlier might have had the same issue.

Thanks for the hint!

Gillissie wrote:

sebi, please give us an API for decks, so I can make a utility to export decks to octgn format. I prefer building decks in deckbox since it shows me what I own and need, then I create it manually in octgn to do some testing with my friend over the internet.

Octgn export is coming soon, directly on deckbox, even before the API big_smile

If there is still an interest I could try to work on a Android version for the app. (Note: I don't have iPhone, so i don't know how that one looks)

sebi wrote:

Octgn export is coming soon, directly on deckbox, even before the API big_smile

Cool! What is the estimated time of arrival of this feature?

Also, I'm curious how you will determine the GUID's to use for the OCTGN cards. My exporter program does it by scanning the OCTGN's installed card set.xml files, matches the cards by name (with a minor tweak or two due to inconsistencies between deckbox and OCTGN), then uses the version of the card that has an image available for OCTGN if possible. I'm very curious how the built-in exporter will handle that.

Is this still being developped? cause its a great start, but it could use some filtering.

SiliticX wrote:

Is this still being developped? cause its a great start, but it could use some filtering.

It's just a little side thing I did mainly for my own benefit but I could add features like filtering. I personally don't have more decks than what fits in the list so I didn't think of filtering but its a good idea.

SiliticX wrote:

If you meant the app, then it's not being developed anymore.

Why? It's really simple: no available deckbox.org API == no app updates.

The API was supposed to be available a long long time ago, but it still isn't.

You need to harass Sebi and the Team for an API if you want a better app.

My hands are tied and I'm honestly sick and tired of 1-2 star reviews because people thought the app would allow for everything the site allows.

gmabber wrote:
SiliticX wrote:

If you meant the app, then it's not being developed anymore.

Why? It's really simple: no available deckbox.org API == no app updates.

The API was supposed to be available a long long time ago, but it still isn't.

You need to harass Sebi and the Team for an API if you want a better app.

My hands are tied and I'm honestly sick and tired of 1-2 star reviews because people thought the app would allow for everything the site allows.

Well crap, i chose deckbox.org because of the ideckbox connectivity. Would hate having wasted 10+ hours for nothing. We need to make this work.

Sebi, if youre around, can we get a status on the API? need help ? I dont ave much time but i work as web dev.

gmabber, can't you do some sport of client-side filtering at all?

SiliticX wrote:

gmabber, can't you do some sport of client-side filtering at all?

I guess I could but I honestly see no point at this time. Why bother investing time in a free app when one couldn't finish it properly?

Oh, sorry about my last reply. I didn't realize this was the thread for a different app instead of my deckbox->OCTGN converter for Windows.