Topic: Scars of Mirrodin Pre-release

Did anyone go, and pull anything good? I actually pulled a Mox Opal. I was pretty excited!

Re: Scars of Mirrodin Pre-release

I played at 3 local prereleases here.  At the first, I pulled an Elspeth Tirel but it didn't mesh well with my colors.  At the 2nd I pulled a Venser, the Sojourner but only got him to the table once but made use of Ratchet Bomb.  At the third, I pulled no mythics at all but drew for first place with an infect barrage utilizing Salvage Scout to retrieve my infect myrs and 2 Contagion Clasp to proliferate as often as possible.  In my prize packs, I had a Molten-Tail Masticore.

I saw 6 Elspeth Tirel (including 2 from the same box) but little to no Koth of the Hammer, Mox Opal or Skithiryx, the Blight Dragon.  A Sword of Body and Mind/Kuldotha Phoenix deck took top place at the biggest prerelease of the 3 which had 40 people.

- Apparatus

We didn't go to prereleases for SoM at all sad As we just moved to Vienna, things are still not settled down yet, but for the next set, we're there! smile

Hopefully we'll know more german until then as well, or the opponents will be annoyed at us for constantly asking for translations tongue

Don't feel too bad Sebi, I still have to ask what the cards do that are printed in my native language.

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l55/ehndgaim/th_SigLogo.jpg
When you are here, you are one of the family.
Connect with the family on Facebook comming soon!

Apparatus wrote:

I played at 3 local prereleases here.  At the first, I pulled an Elspeth Tirel but it didn't mesh well with my colors.  At the 2nd I pulled a Venser, the Sojourner

You jammy sod! Admittedly, I didn't attend any of the pre-release or launch parties, but did manage to pull a Molten-Tail Masticore from a lone booster pack. I want Venser, the Sojourner. Koth too.

Last edited by Kodanshi (2010-10-13 19:16:15)

Pulled a Koth from a pack i bought waiting for the round to finish, lol lol

Nighteater wrote:

Pulled a Koth from a pack i bought waiting for the round to finish, lol lol

Practically everyone I speak to online into MTG seems to pull Koth out of a booster pack. Common mythic rare?! hmm

Hah!

I'd be happy to see just a single Koth!

- Apparatus