Topic: Additional Deck Statistics

Hey there, thanks for building and releasing this fantastic site! I've only just begun using it, but it's going to make keeping track of my cube and want-list a heck of a lot easier.

As I just mentioned, I plan on keeping track of my cube in deckbox. To do this, I have a couple of requests  =P

1) At the moment, decks are sorted in several tiers. The first tier is card type, and it doesn't seem like this can be changed. Could we sort decks by type or colour for the first tier? This is important for cubes, because each colour is usually examined by itself, irrespective of the other colours. As you can see in my test cube, it's difficult to get a sense of what's in each colour.

2) Could we have an option to view the mana curve for each colour in a deck in a separate graph? This graph of my test cube is quite hard to read.

3) I understand that the features above are only really useful for cubes; they're not very useful for "normal" decks. It would be cool if we could specify what type of deck the deck is supposed to be (Eg: cube, constructed), and that would influence how the deck's contents are sorted, what stats are displayed, etc.

Thanks again for the site, mate. You're doing a great job!
Nick

Re: Additional Deck Statistics

#3 above just became a bit more important. deckbox.org actually doesn't consider my cube to be a valid deck:

It is not listed in the decks section and does not count towards the total decks count. A complete MtG deck contains either between 60 and 70 cards or exactly 100 (for EDH)

Indeed, I have noticed people using decks for their cubes.  We will somehow add an option to mark a deck as a "non-playable deck", so that validity is not calculated, and maybe it will not be shown in the big deck listing either.

sebi wrote:

Indeed, I have noticed people using decks for their cubes.  We will somehow add an option to mark a deck as a "non-playable deck", so that validity is not calculated, and maybe it will not be shown in the big deck listing either.

That'd be a good way to begin the differentiation. Ideally, if cubes were in their own category in the big deck listing, we cubers could get a lot of ideas from each other, and discussion amongst each other. What do you think about that, sebi?

Sounds good! smile Will consider it.