Topic: Deck observations for week of 10/13

So we're a week in and I thought I'd share my observations about the decks for the week.

I opened a lot of red/black removal and two Rix Maadi Guildmages, so I decided on Rakdos. I went 8-3 this week.

The guildmages are amazingly good in this format. My goal is to keep my opponent on the defensive and if I can add one or two more damage in the early turns can be very helpful. Ash Zealot and Splatter Thug have proven to be very strong.

My three losses were to Golgari, Golgari, and Golgari/Rakdos. Daggerdrome Imp + scavenge ruined my day more than a once. Scavenge in general has been really difficult to deal with. I'm resorting to trading for Rakdos Charms so I can side board them in to those match ups.

I played one or two Rakdos decks and didn't have much trouble with them. Same for the Izzet decks.

The Selesnya and Azorius games were generally very close. The white flyers are a nuisance to deal with, as is detain, but it doesn't seem like it's ever been a game changer. The Selesnya enchantment that gives all your creatures +3/+3 is really rough. After playing Tad, I considered trying to get some white enchantment removal for my side board.

Re: Deck observations for week of 10/13

eerbody playing b/r/x.

most of my matches have been very close grinders- with games on friday i squeaked out a winning record, but barely.  White/Blue can delay the game all day long, but my deck at least needs another bomb to help close the deal.  Black/red aggro is pretty sweet and i have grown to hate both stab wound and the 1/1 black lifelink flier.

Ah, yes, stab wound... I found that getting tablet of the guilds out early really helps, that and keening apparition to help if not remove it become a target of it, but yeah it pretty much sucks.

Playing UW I found the games take a very long time to play which may be the reason I can't get very many games in. Yes, I know the purpose of control is to slow the game down but man I'd like to be able to get more games in during lunch.

As far as epic goes don't let Ranfelt get out multiple sphere's of safety or you are effectively unable to do anything to him, he had me to the point I'd have to pay 10 mana per attacker just to swing at him, which he'd have very easily been able to fend off, at that point it was time to scoop. Having Isperia out is nice, unless you have to pay to swing.