Re: Avoid the trader: ichorclaw

Still have heard nothing

To me, this is a bit worrisome due to the following... Upon looking at Ichorclaw's profile there is absolutely NOTHING that jumps out at me as any sort of indicator of bad or even "iffy" trading history. All I see is "Feedback:+37 out of 38 completed mail trades" and the fact that he changed his status to read, "Family issues, no longer trading." I think this really illustrates that fact that we need to migrate towards a more detailed feedback system, one that's not just a simple top-level +/-1.

There should be ratings for how prompt someone is at sending out their cards, with a 5-star being the same/next day and a 1-star being a week later or... never.
There should be ratings for packaging, with a 5-star being in top-loaders in a bubble mailer and a 1-star being in a zip lock bag inside a regular envelop.
There should be ratings for communication, with 5-stars as all pertinent info provided and questions answered and 1-star being that you agreed on a trade then didn't hear from the guy again for 2-weeks.

These are the things I want to know when potentially trading with someone.

I (along with two other users) appear to be in a similar situation involving user AzoriusGuildmage. I've sent my cards to the guy months ago. I never received my cards and he hasn't been on since Oct. 12th.

Is there a particular way to get Sebi (or someone) to look into these issues?

Profile | Tradelist | Wishlist
I'll sometimes trade things in my Inventory. It doesn't hurt to ask.

outofstep wrote:

To me, this is a bit worrisome due to the following... Upon looking at Ichorclaw's profile there is absolutely NOTHING that jumps out at me as any sort of indicator of bad or even "iffy" trading history. All I see is "Feedback:+37 out of 38 completed mail trades" and the fact that he changed his status to read, "Family issues, no longer trading." I think this really illustrates that fact that we need to migrate towards a more detailed feedback system, one that's not just a simple top-level +/-1.

There should be ratings for how prompt someone is at sending out their cards, with a 5-star being the same/next day and a 1-star being a week later or... never.
There should be ratings for packaging, with a 5-star being in top-loaders in a bubble mailer and a 1-star being in a zip lock bag inside a regular envelop.
There should be ratings for communication, with 5-stars as all pertinent info provided and questions answered and 1-star being that you agreed on a trade then didn't hear from the guy again for 2-weeks.

That sounds alot like the ebay rating system roll.

It could work if if the rating used was the avg score of the ratings was used...

outofstep wrote:

Your first and third idea is good but the second isn't because for small trades it isn't worthwhile to be sending in bubble mailers due to the high costs of it.

skystar wrote:
outofstep wrote:

Your first and third idea is good but the second isn't because for small trades it isn't worthwhile to be sending in bubble mailers due to the high costs of it.

I guess it would be implied that a good rating would be "Good packaging fitting of the scale of the trade" while a poor rating would be "Sending Workshops in a Ziploc Bag".

Profile | Tradelist | Wishlist
I'll sometimes trade things in my Inventory. It doesn't hurt to ask.

Emopizza wrote:

I guess it would be implied that a good rating would be "Good packaging fitting of the scale of the trade" while a poor rating would be "Sending Workshops in a Ziploc Bag".

Yes, exactly that. So, sure, if you want to send $3-4 worth of cards in a regular envelop on the cheap, that's no big deal and still worth a 4-star rating. However, if you did the same thing with a Gaea's Cradle just because you're cheap and don't want to buck up the extra $2-3 for packaging and delivery confirmation, you get a 1-star... because you deserve it.

Emopizza wrote:

I (along with two other users) appear to be in a similar situation involving user AzoriusGuildmage. I've sent my cards to the guy months ago. I never received my cards and he hasn't been on since Oct. 12th.

Is there a particular way to get Sebi (or someone) to look into these issues?

Send a message to support@deckbox.org, describe the scenario, and provide a link to the trade.  The others should do the same.

If it has been months, and all attempts to communicate with the trader have failed, each of you should consider filing a mail fraud report with the USPS (the link appears elsewhere in this thread).

Profile - Wishlist - Tradelist

Black and Blue--not just for bruises anymore.

outofstep wrote:

this ^