Topic: [Feature Request] Deck Legality check

Hi,
A feature I would really like is an legality checker. It would save me a lot of time (well actually it won't since I'm too lazy to check the deck legality if it isn't automatic, or perhaps it will, since when I want to check it now, I have to reboot to windows (I have a MacBook Pro) and enter it in MWS to check the legality).

I think this isn't a feature many traders will need, but it could be useful for those who also play with their cards. Also, I'm mostly in for the playing with the card, so this feature would make me very happy big_smile

Perhaps something to add to the statistics.

Sorry if it looks kinda greedy, asking for features when I only just joined for like an hour, but this site look so promissing and what it already does, it does perfect !

Thanks !
-Pablo

Re: [Feature Request] Deck Legality check

There is a check for legality in the decks you create, it writes above the main deck whether the deck is standard or extended or vintage, or whatever, it even recognises the EDH decks. Or do you want a per-card legality check?

Hey,

Thanks for your kind words smile

About the deck legality... after you enter a deck that's "complete" (that's to say it has more than 60 cards), the legality will be displayed under the deck title.

Something like: "This is a complete   Vintage deck." - see for example in your poison deck. (Of course, if it's legal in Standard it will only say Standard but actually it will be a legal Extended, Vintage and Legacy deck)

Now that I think of it.... maybe it should also display the legality in the "building" stages... meaning - even if it's not finished yet.

What do you guys think?

Sounds ok to display the legality even if the deck is not complete

Oh, I didn't see it under the title yikes
Thanks for the fast reply, and now I'll never have to reboot to windows big_smile Woohoo big_smile
Thanks !

Hi there,
I might have another request. And I post it here, since it's again about the legality check.
It would be very useful to have a column in the deck editor that tells me in what the card in legal. Then when I'm rebuilding a deck to be legal in (for example) extended, I can easely see which cards have to be replaced. This isn't that important when I'm just playing with friend, but when I play online most servers allow only one type.

Oh, and what I also noticed, in my poison deck used to be 3 Ponder cards but there are restricted, so only 1 was legal in vintage, but still the legality checker said it was legal in vintage.

Thanks !
-Pablo

Metalmorphed wrote:

Hi there,
It would be very useful to have a column in the deck editor that tells me in what the card in legal.

Yep, I haven't thought about that since I only play standard tongue. So if I have exteded cards in a standard deck, I just enable the edition column and I can quickly tell what the extended cards are. But you're right, it might be useful for larger formats.

Metalmorphed wrote:

Oh, and what I also noticed, in my poison deck used to be 3 Ponder cards but there are restricted, so only 1 was legal in vintage, but still the legality checker said it was legal in vintage.

Yes, this is a limitation of the format checker. It does not take into account the number of cards of each type you have at all, only if the card itself is legal in the format. So you can have 5 Lightning Bolts and it will still say it's legal in Standard, or have 3 or some restricted card and ignore that.

I will have to fix this... but it was harder to implement, so I just went without it for the first version sad

Hehe, I understand tongue
There aren't that many restricted cards, so checking for them isn't that much work, still would be useful big_smile
Uhm, what I actually wanted to say was that you shouldn't rush it tongue Just take your time big_smile

And one question, did you make all this by yourself ? yikes

Metalmorphed wrote:

Hehe, I understand tongue
There aren't that many restricted cards, so checking for them isn't that much work, still would be useful big_smile
Uhm, what I actually wanted to say was that you shouldn't rush it tongue Just take your time big_smile

I'm slowly but surely getting to that too smile

Metalmorphed wrote:

And one question, did you make all this by yourself ? yikes

Yep!

sebi wrote:

Yep!

Nice, I'm proud of you big_smile