Topic: Script that adds multi-language support to the card importer

Many of my cards aren't in English and adding them to Deckbox can be tiresome if I don't know them by heart. Having to check MagicCards.info for each of them gets old pretty quickly, so I've made a little script that adds a second textbox above the existing one in Deckbox's "Import Card" section that automatically translates you to English the name of the card.

You can get the userscript here. You'll need Scriptish or Greasemonkey for Firefox, or Tampermonkey for Chrome.

I've only tested it in Firefox and Chrome, both using their latest stable builds. The dictionary file is a bit big (3~MB) so it can be a bit slow to start sometimes. Feel free to use the code and edit it yourself for your needs, as I probably won't be supporting it much other than updating the sets. You can change it to your own host and edit the script source to match it. The dictionary file is in JSON, using a ENGLISHCARDNAME : list(VARIOUS LANGUAGES TRANSLATIONS) structure.

Last edited by Neo_Player (2015-01-31 06:23:48)

Re: Script that adds multi-language support to the card importer

Very cool stuff!

Re: Script that adds multi-language support to the card importer

Sorry to dig this topic out, but just wanted to point the new URL of the script, as userscripts.org died meanwhile. You can get it here now.