Topic: Some unwelcome UI changes

For starters, I just want to say that I love this site and use it religiously to manage my decks.

I just have a few comments on the recent UI tweaks:

1. Not being able to directly edit the inventory table cell is bothersome. The contextual dialog pop-up feels like overdesign and now requires a couple of extra clicks to edit a single number. Simple is better.

2. The increased table row height extends the length of the page, requiring more scrolling. While this may have been done to enhance white space and readability, I like being able to see more cards at a time without having to scroll. I tend to build a lot of singleton/commander decks so my deck tables will be longer anyway. The increased table row height now means I'm seeing fewer cards at a time in the same space.

Keep up the good work and thanks!

Re: Some unwelcome UI changes

I appreciete all the hard work which has been done to make deckbox better, but I agree on both points with roseblood71.

For people who manage houndreds of cards and many decks it's always better to have the more-simple way to do  things - less mouse/keyboard clicks is always better... and the same goes for overall page UI, the smaller row height helps with overall readability and overviewwhen I am looking through the deck or searching for specific card.

Also the spoiler view could have more then three columns, because on wide-screen monitors it feels like wasting of space, maybe dymanic number of columns according to the screen resolution..?

Looking forward for more improvements and thanks again to Sebi and stuff for their work cool

Thank you ic0trix for summing up my thoughts quite succinctly.

I came here today to add an entire decklist to my wishlist by searching for each card and updating the quantities in the convenient collection/tradestock/wishlist table, only to find it oddly absent in Safari.

I also viewed a previous trader's user page and noted that the layout for cards they want and cards I want has been flipped to top and bottom instead of left and right, which both reads more awkwardly and makes it harder to compare quantities and values side by side. Basically, it doesn't read quite as well.

I like a lot of the look and feel to the new UI components, but you guys had a pretty stellar *layout* before. I wouldn't make big changes to the layout, so much as little tweaks to the visuals and things like roseblood71 mentioned.

Overall though; great site, I love it. Just don't make it harder for the current users to do what they're already  accustomed to doing while you grow.

I Love the new look and feel but agree that some of the changes have taken away part of the deckbox appeal.

I use deckbox primarily to keep track of all my cards and build decks.  The new inventory list that doesn't allow me to display a cards Power/Toughness is annoying (it was a great way to quickly scan for cheap filler cards).  Also as I'm not a card trader I'm not overly concerned with the cost and edition of my cards.

I see now how modifying lists works from the individual card view, so no qualms there, but my feedback about the layout of needs and haves on user pages still stands. Specifically, I would prefer something more like the layout for actual trade proposals. That layout is marvelous.

Yeapp, I have to agree on the first issue, it was very comfortable to just click on the cell, modify it, leave the cell, and the quantity is updated.

http://pwp.wizards.com/8213665292/Scorecards/Landscape.png

I know this post is late, but I agree 100% with both points made by roseblood71. I know you guys are trying to encourage people to list more details about their cards (edition, condition, country) but this is not the way to do it. Updating card quantities has become a chore.

beo wrote:

I know this post is late, but I agree 100% with both points made by roseblood71. I know you guys are trying to encourage people to list more details about their cards (edition, condition, country) but this is not the way to do it. Updating card quantities has become a chore.

We have made the columns smaller in height this week. Do you guys still feel they are too tall? There's just 4px vertical padding now.

On the second topic, where are you trying to update card quantities? If you are in your inventory, you can edit your inventory / tradelist counts directly, there is no panel. If you are in your wishlist you can edit your wishlist directly too. Are you managing your collection generally from the card database page?

sebi wrote:
beo wrote:

We have made the columns smaller in height this week. Do you guys still feel they are too tall? There's just 4px vertical padding now.

On the second topic, where are you trying to update card quantities? If you are in your inventory, you can edit your inventory / tradelist counts directly, there is no panel. If you are in your wishlist you can edit your wishlist directly too. Are you managing your collection generally from the card database page?

In your Wishlist it does not allow you to update Wishlist quantity in the columns.  Your required to click and update through the popup.  The other two columns work fine.

smilligan2 wrote:

In your Wishlist it does not allow you to update Wishlist quantity in the columns.  Your required to click and update through the popup.  The other two columns work fine.

I was not aware of this issue until now, I never tried to reproduce specifically the wishlist count.

It is now fixed though, thanks for clarifying.