Topic: [Bug?] Text

Hi,

On the trade page, after you propose a trade this message comes up:
"Waiting for XY to accept or counter."

I believe that counter is not the right word.. maybe deny or refuse would be better.

Thanks

Re: [Bug?] Text

Well, obviously you would have to tap 2 blue mana (counterspell) to counter it...

big_smile lol big_smile

- Apparatus

I think "counter" is quite ok and it should be left that way. love the pun, btw smile
"deny or refuse" are not the right ones anyway since the other end of the trade can modify your trade proposal and than propose a new configuration... thus.. countering yours ! tongue

Actually if the other part changes the offer, that means that he/she refuses the initial one tongue, thus refuse (or synonyms like reject or decline) would be appropriate.

but ok, lets leave the all so often used magic word then, since we are playing MTG

Closed big_smile

Last edited by Spoook (2011-02-16 17:17:27)

Counter is refering to "counter offer". If I offer 1 apple for your 2 oranges. You can accept and get an apple and loose some oranges, decline and keep your oranges and go trade for some pears or whatever elsewhere, or counter my offer and request two apples for two oranges instead.

Can you explain it with vegetables or flowers? 'cause I really need some more explanations what trade means. doh....maaaan....

pls Close

Spoook wrote:

Can you explain it with vegetables or flowers? 'cause I really need some more explanations what trade means. doh....maaaan....

pls Close

Two flees once sat across a single hair on a dog and negotaited for a sliver of gold. The one flee said, "I'll let you jump first when the dog scratches." The second flee countered, "I'll let you jump right after I climb on your back."

smile Does that help?

Although I tend to use counter more in martial arts terms.

when I read the first half of the sentence I was laughing already....You should start some funny thread smile)

Spoook wrote:

pls Close

If I offer one Bellis perennis for your two Viola betonicifolia. You can accept and get an Bellis perennis and loose some Viola betonicifolia, decline and keep your Viola betonicifolia and go trade for some Tulipa gesneriana or whatever elsewhere, or counter my offer and request two Bellis perennis for two Viola betonicifolia instead.

Better?